In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The numbers inside the march to whatever 2020 brings

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by jrider, Nov 8, 2020.

  1. jrider

    jrider

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2018
    Messages:
    6,096
    Likes Received:
    42,953
    Location:
    NJ
    I started the thread “ the march to whatever 2020 brings on January 1 2020. In that time I cut, split and loaded like I never have before. I also benefited from covid as I had extra time in the early spring as well as college kids who were looking to work. I was able to stay healthy and make more splits than ever before. So many splits, I was concerned I wouldn’t have the time to deliver it all. But covid kicked in again and cancelled any chance of me standing on the sidelines of my kids sporting events. So I ended up hand loading and delivering 200 full cords of wood dating back to the weekend of 9/12 which was the first weekend after Labor Day. This being side work, almost all wood was delivered on weekends. Each weekend I had 1-2 college kids help me load in the morning. So we did 200 cords in 9 weekends. I put 2843 miles on my dump truck and about 400 miles on my pickup doing half cord deliveries. I have 25-28 cords of seasoned wood that will be picked up by a guy who will bring his own machine to load into his trucks. I also have a 25-30 cord pile of splits that will get sold next year. Life has been busy but good.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Stephiedoll

    Stephiedoll

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    4,084
    Likes Received:
    29,359
    Location:
    Omaha, NE.
    You sir are a one of a kind animal. That is impressive in anyone's book.

    Now get busy for next year.:axe::stacker:
     
    Chazsbetterhalf, Erik B and Loon like this.