I should have done this last year but I did it today, this wood has been stacked for three years before it fell over, it's cherry,beech,sugar maple & some red maple. We'll see how long it takes to dry out, it took two loads to fill this stack.
Good work woodlands. Is it raining up your way yet? We have had it rain off and on since late morning.
I think the wood on the left is dead Elm I cut in late spring. I'll give two weeks to dry out, I might burn it this year, if I don't then we'll flame it up in the spring.
I'm thinking so far this year I c/s close to seven cord, most of it is stacked except for the shoulder season wood. If the weather lets me, I'll cut more. I'll get a better count next weekend.
His wife's carries a 4 foot level and plumb bob with her when she comes into the woods to check on him. He knows he better have them stacks looking perfect.
The wind did take the tarp off, I just hope it's behind the stack. I just noticed that I left my maul out all night.
Pic 8199 is the stack the fell over two days after Mrs. & Mr. Sav made a visit, it's the first time stacking in that area since the jinx.
When I see stacks like that, I think " What a lot of work". I don't stack 12" or 16" splits very well. Campinspecter has come home to a few of my stacks fallen down which took down his stacks. The 22 - 24" splits we stack now are a lot easier.