In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Swiss Army Axes - Military Surplus New Old Stock 30 to 50 years old!!

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by thistle, Sep 1, 2014.

  1. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    http://www.garrettwade.com/swiss-army-axes/p/04D04.11/


    Remember seeing these at Garrett Wade in 2010,was disappointed when they sold out quickly.:( Checked again a couple months back - they have more in stock.

    So I splurged with some of that overtime I've been getting this month (as of yesterday afternoon I'll have 66hrs on my next paycheck,when I'm paid this Wednesday....:hair:)


    Looks pretty good,ordered 1 of each size for my axe collection.Swiss engineering is world renowned.My best "newer" cabinetmaking chisels & a couple drawknives/adzes are Swiss Made.

    Prices are reasonable too.Garrett Wade has good stuff,bought some of my first planes/chisels from them almost 30 years ago...:D
     
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  2. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Nice axes! Great price for such good quality.