In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Swapping carb on Stihl 019t

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by clemsonfor, Feb 2, 2019.

  1. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    I have a 019t that needed a carb rebuild. It was not rinning right. I put a kit in and it still doesn't run right. You have to feather the throttle up to WOT, then it will only run there a few seconds before it falls on its face. Like it's starving for fuel.

    I did throw a new fuel filter on. It was one I think from a weed eater but the line size was the same, does not look to have the same surface area but assumed it would flow fine, maybe this is the problem, I have not swapped it out yet?

    The carb has NO high speed adjustable jet! I don't see any of the replacement China carbs on ebay for the exact model Zama as on the saw. Ones with same c1q main number but the version or whatever (the second part) is different. I know it has to do with where things like fuel intake is throttle linkages are , the type, how there clocked etc. But is the main guts and everything the same, as in could I buy one of those, swap my linkages over and what all and install on my saw for a new carb and to get an adjustable H? I just didn't know if all the rest of the carb is the same like metering venturi and main jet and all the orfaces?