In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

SUV Opinions

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by yooperdave, Nov 11, 2022.

1. bogieb

bogieb

I've had one Jeep product. The manual transmission went around 105-110k (had been driving manuals for 20 years at that point). Couldn't even find a transmission (new or reman) to stick in it. The vehicle was 4.5 years old. I've never had any other vehicle with a transmission issue even up to 315k miles. Last Jeep product I will ever own.

2. theburtman

theburtman

Some people swear by Jeeps and others hate them. Same applies to Ford, Chevy, Dodge.......
    Maybe 20 years ago there was a thing where people were researching what day of the week a vehicle was built on before purchasing, avoiding vehicles built on Mondays and Fridays. I wonder if that is a bigger factor then the brand?

brenndatomu, yooperdave and eatonpcat like this.
  3. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

I have a quite a few family members that are now retired from Ferd and I would guess it doesn't matter what day of the week it was built! Apparently, a lot of Shenanigan's would go on their back in the day.

I was working on-site at the old Jeep plant in Toledo 25+ years ago and at lunch you could watch a bunch of the workers race across the street to drink their lunches.

4. yooperdave

yooperdave

5. wood and coal burner

wood and coal burner

I have a 2005 Volvo XC70. 5 cylinder turbo with AWD and traction control. Expensive to maintain but it also has 260,000 miles on it. Still comfortable and looks great. Not quite an SUV since it is a wagon but it easier for the dog to get in and out of. It is also fantastic in the snow. Doing my best to keep it running since I do not like the new ones and I do not want an electric vehicle.