In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Support box

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Troy Baker, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Troy Baker

Troy Baker

Hi all had a lopi endeavor installed last year by a reputable installer locally and has worked awsome... I've been roofing my roof got to chimney and was very surprised how easy the chimney came out and pulled right out of the support box just curios was their any other hardware that should have been installed possibly got missed?
    20200916_155828.jpg

Attached Files:

2. fishingpol

fishingpol

What do you have dvl below the support box to Class A above it there?

I am looking at the same thing for my install in two weeks. I have been getting familiar with the parts and this is one was making me wonder.

3. timusp40

timusp40

HMMM! From the inside the house pic, your support box looks similar to mine. However, the chimney adapter at the bottom of the support box seems to be different in that the bottom of the adapter accepts the double wall stove pipe and the top of the adapter accepts the triple wall SS chimney pipe. The chimney pipe actually twist locks on to the adapter so you cannot just pull the pipe out. Rather it has to be unlocked to be removed.

. DSCF3787.JPG DSCF3769.JPG

fishingpol likes this.
  4. fishingpol

fishingpol

I was dry fitting my class A together today for install this week and thought of this thread. Depending on what brand you have, would determine how it is fastened together. It does not seem right that the Class A pulls right out. What is keeping the Class A from lifting from the flashing boot?

The Duravent Class A here twist locks into the ceiling support box from the attic space. An adaptor with trim ring is fastened up into the ceiling support box from inside. The adaptor can be different if you have double wall (dvl) or single wall down to the stove.

Do you have a sticker on the pipe to help determine what brand you have? Lots of folks here can help get it figured out. It may require a call to the installer.

BuckthornBonnie likes this.