I missed this movie when it came out. Want to see it. I think many on this forum might relate to this couple, especially his independent git r dun attitude.
We just watched this... I loved it because I could be that old dude. He is one of us... cuts his own wood, mills his own lumber... My wife kept looking at me saying "you picked this because you want to be him." The best part was when we learned the character's name, which is also my own, and my wife just starts shaking her head. Good story and true.
Thank you stinny, that looks great and it hits close to home on several levels. I'll have to get it somehow.
Thanks.... Looks great, I will be checking it out soon. My wife will see right through me on this one, but I'll have that confused deer in the headlight look back to her....
Well, I just bought my very own copy on ebay......$8.00 w/ free shipping!! There's a couple more copies listed there at the moment.... http://m.ebay.com/itm/171545379666
In the beginning this movie reminded me of On Golden Pond but then all the legal stuff took it in a different direction. It's nice to see there are still quality movies being made amid the sea of crap being churned out of Hollywood these days.
Mine will want to know where I heard of it from before it even starts. Best part it that it has a lot of chick flick features
Sounds like a great movie,the story of the independent operator vs everyone else some what reminds me of Sometimes A Great Notion with Paul Newman,Henry Fonda.Its not well known as many other of their films but its a true classic.
Couldn't agree with you more Dana B... it's always appreciated when Hollywood actually makes a good movie.
Whoa! This movie is set in Canada. With all the scenes in the trailer showing the government running roughshod over citizens' rights I just figured it was set in the US. Go figure.
Saw it last night. Wife was thrilled it was set in Canada, shes from Nova Scotia. Great movie, although as someone already mentioned, the building inspector parts were overkill.