In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Still learning the Fireview

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Oldhippie, Nov 21, 2013.

  1. Oldhippie

    Oldhippie

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    2,296
    Likes Received:
    6,531
    Location:
    Ashby Ma
    So this is going take some time. Lately I have been setting the draft less than 1 on the Fv's draft control as the weather gets colder and I'm experimenting a bit.

    So this morning I set it for .5 after I got a new load in there and charred and stable first at slightly above 1 and then slightly less.

    Went a did some chores and came back to these sweet rolling lames. Sorry for the shakey camera, I didn't use my tripod.

     
    BrianK likes this.
  2. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Ya Steve, that is great to see in the stove. I recall the first time we saw it and were in awe. It was like the flames were coming right off the wood then suddenly we saw the flames just lift right off the wood! Amazing. I remember that night well because that was the hottest we got our stove. It finally quit climbing when the temperature got to 690 degrees. Had me sweating for a bit there.
     
    BrianK and Oldhippie like this.