In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

STIHL MS 250 on EBAY.

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by ThomH123, Mar 13, 2018.

1. 94BULLITT

94BULLITT

I think the 251 is probably better because it has spring a/ and a better air filter. The top cover/ air filter cover on the 251 is one piece, making cleaning and working on the saw easier. I think those 3 things give the 251 a slight edge over the 250 but the 250 is a great saw.

MikeyB and Hammy like this.
  2. BuckthornBonnie

BuckthornBonnie

Yep, I know the previous owner of this shop. The new owners are using eBay and Craigslist to expand their footprint and try to move inventory. Their prices are high for the reasons described above. I can’t speak to their feedback or quality as most of the old employees have moved on.
    eBay is rarely the place to buy complete saws. Parts are usually ok in my experience.

ThomH123 likes this.
  3. BuckthornBonnie

BuckthornBonnie

Not defending them at all, but I’ll add that they’re a liberal Mennonite business and their computer skills are...well...developing at best.

ThomH123 likes this.