In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Starting with this Cherry

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Mar 11, 2016.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'll get this Cherry off the hill tomorrow and then I have one rotten Cherry blocking a secondary trail that I'll get out of the way.

    After I finish the work on the Cherry, I'll head over to the uprooted Sugar Maple. 100_9908.JPG
     
  2. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,181
    Likes Received:
    166,510
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    What's that white stuff?
     
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It's an old picture from 3-5-16, that area should be clear of snow & ice.
     
    NH mountain man, Eric VW and Horkn like this.
  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    A belated happy birthday, how did it go?
     
  5. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,552
    Likes Received:
    141,605
    Location:
    US
    Wonder if the young' in remembers.....:whistle:
    :rofl: :lol:
     
  6. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,181
    Likes Received:
    166,510
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin

    Not bad at all, for a mid week bday.

    Thank you !
     
  7. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,181
    Likes Received:
    166,510
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin

    Yeah, you old fart. :rofl: :lol:
     
    NH mountain man, papadave and Eric VW like this.
  8. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,552
    Likes Received:
    141,605
    Location:
    US
    :fart:
    Excuse me..... I'd been saving that one all day....
    Dang dags even barked at me.....

    :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
    NH mountain man and Horkn like this.
  9. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,181
    Likes Received:
    166,510
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Hopefully the woods isn't too muddy for you.

    I'm on the fence about cutting in the woods this weekend. Mostly for the mud reason here. I'll at least split haul and stack the rounds I've got at my staging area.
     
  10. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Good length of btus there!
     
    Horkn, NH mountain man and Eric VW like this.
  11. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,514
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    What's this banter I see between you young whippersnappers ?...hijacking Zap's wood paradise pics, I tell you he has more downed trees at his place...I'm starting to think he just uses pictures over and over, just changes the date.
     
  12. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I have some splits/rounds on the ground that need stacking too but I would like to cut three cord (10 FC) before I start stacking, it should be a good year to add wood to the inventory.

    I'm not sure how the recliner will get along without me. :D
     
  13. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Mine gets lonely without me or one of the dogs in it. :D
     
  14. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,181
    Likes Received:
    166,510
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    I've got my couch held down right now. Soaking in the glorious heat from the stove. Sure feels great after a long week, especially a long Friday at work.
     
  15. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,552
    Likes Received:
    141,605
    Location:
    US
    Keep adding to the stacks, thewoodlands :saw: :tree: :axe::stacke:

    :ithappened::woodsign:



    Bettah, Locust Post?
    :D
    :rofl: :lol:
     
  16. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,514
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    The first 5 days after the weekend are the worst.
     
  17. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,514
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    For once I wasn't trying to be a peacemaker I was laughing about you youngins
     
    NH mountain man, Horkn and Eric VW like this.
  18. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,552
    Likes Received:
    141,605
    Location:
    US
    :rofl: :lol:

    Don't fear the smileys.........Don't fear the smileys.........Don't fear the smileys

    :rofl: :lol:
    :thumbs:
    :wacky:
     
  19. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I just did the one Cherry today, 28 rounds are down the hill and another 8 are still frozen in (pic 9928) I still have the top to cut up.

    It still is a little slick working on the hills and the winds started to pick up so that's why I called it a day.

    The Cherry that is down blocking a secondary trail is still frozen in so with the warm weather we have today along with some rain coming in, it should be ready for removal by the middle of the week.

    The humidity level outside dropped to 25 today.
     

    Attached Files:

  20. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,514
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Is that the other cherry that you can see up top in 9925 ?
     
    Horkn and papadave like this.