In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Homesteading Spring clean up

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by Reloader, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Reloader

Reloader

I guess maybe it is a hobby. Nothing I enjoy more than cleaning up the Winter debris on a nice Spring day. We purchased this little parcel of land adjacent to the 40 acre woodlot a couple of years ago. I spent a considerable amount of time clearing the 6 foot tall blackberry patch with a hand held brush cutter and now the grass is growing where the briars were.
    A pleasant day to spend some time with a little fire while cleaning up some debris. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Nice looking property. That blackberry sure can take over fast. We have vines trying to invade our yard all summer.

MikeInMa and fishingpol like this.
  3. billb3

billb3

I had a clean-up fire a few days back. Mostly to burn up some black knot infected branches pruned from my plum trees. Pruning out the black knot is a never ending chore. I'm often tempted to just cut the plum trees down and cross a chore off the list.

4. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Our neighbour decided to clean up his vacant lot. There is not an alder, broom bush or salmon berry bush to be seen on it. It helps that he owns a big backhoe and has an operator for it. It sure looks nice over there. I hope he seeds it with wild flowers or grass or the alder and broom will take it over again.

MikeInMa and campinspecter like this.