We got about a cord of maple processed today. This is a mix of the stuff from the in-laws and the 40" trunk we wrestled out of the tree dump. The old lady ran the splitter by herself today, she really likes the new log catcher (as do I). I was busy cutting poles to length using the sawbuck. Also, I did a bit of landscaping. I noticed as we went the pallets were tipping more and more, so I leveled the ground out. Also, a chainsaw works dandy for cutting all you pallets to the same dimension. These are stacked in our fence line with the nice elderly couple next door so I made sure that they weren't sticking out on either side to trip anyone up. Here is a shot of the fence, it's almost half done now. There was .8 cord when we started today, there is now 1.75. When it is complete there will be a total of 4 cords. I didn't get a before pick, but you can judge how much work was done by how far the splitter is from the pile. I think we got close to half the pile done today. The truck is still full of mulberry and walnut (not pictured).
Yep, we've been having a bit of cabin fever with rain since Saturday night. At least I got to go out cutting with Sinngetreu Saturday before it hit, that's why there is mulberry and walnut still on the truck.
Nice looking work area Grizz, nice of your wife to come out and help. Before long you will have your 4 cord C/S & S