In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Splitter up and running again

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Marshel54, Dec 29, 2016.

  1. Marshel54

    Marshel54

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2016
    Messages:
    1,664
    Likes Received:
    12,920
    Location:
    Ohio
    I put one of the Predator engines on it. The install went pretty good. The only problem was the new engine's shaft was longer. I had to get longer bolts and spacers to mount the pump. 4 gentle pulls, one starting pull and it fired right up.
    Went out today, temperature in the 30's, one pull and it started. I would have had to ether up and jerk my backside off with the old engine. It is like having a new toy.
     
    JustWood, cnice_37, Bret Hart and 2 others like this.
  2. Bret Hart

    Bret Hart

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,061
    Likes Received:
    3,817
    Location:
    Central NY
    Put one of the predator engines on my splitter a few years ago. Was definitely a good choice. You'll likely enjoy it for years to come.