In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Splitter prices going up...

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by System, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Warner

Warner

The weak link on early 3.5’s is the timing chain. And it’s a fairly expensive repair. Something to consider. A2215FC7-4594-4209-9434-48827BAFEA30.jpeg For a while I was doing 1 a week.

Horkn, amateur cutter, Loon and 2 others like this.
  2. System

System

I've been wanting to do a nostalgia purchase myself. Somewhere between early 70's and mid 80's square body GM or Chevy C10. The 60's are untouchable price wise for me. I've been looking locally for a while since eBay and other online sites are all completely restored and overpriced. I'm not finding much that meets my criteria but I'm in no race. The sticking point seems to be, it's got to be a 4 speed and almost everything out there is automatic. This wouldn't be for work as I have a 350 to pull trailers and haul. If anyone knows of one, send the info my way!

Horkn and amateur cutter like this.
  3. Loon

Loon

Not too worried about towing capacity Hork as i got nothing to tow.:coldone: But what i've been told is that the 3.5 is a very good engine.
    Ac compresser went for a turd in the wifes little B4000 which i'll order today and keep it for a back up but looking forward to the new to me XLT.:coffee: The 5.4 Triton was a great engine in the lariat but head gasket went in it along with the power steering pump. So after 19 years i had to put it to sleep. :whistle: :D

Which F-150 engine to choose: V6 EcoBoost or 5.0 V8? | Driving

4. Loon

Loon

With mine being silver should help.:smoke::coldone:

Horkn, yooperdave and amateur cutter like this.
  5. Biddleman

Biddleman

I see I'm late to the party and you got your answer. My BIL has one, never really heard him complain about his mpg, never really heard him brag it up either.

Horkn, Loon, yooperdave and 1 other person like this.