In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Songs that "take you back"..

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Beetle-Kill, Sep 13, 2016.

1. bushpilot

bushpilot

None of these The 10 Worst Songs of the 1970s

I remember "Feelings" with nausea, though Carol Burnett did a hilarious butchery of it. "Loving You" and "Muskrat Love" are so horrifying, I cannot understand how "Disco Duck" beat them both to the #1 spot.

:Yar:

Beetle-Kill likes this.
  2. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

3. bushpilot

bushpilot

There was a local band in the waning years of high school in New Orleans, "The Cold." They were going to be the next big thing, and then they weren't. But I still hear their songs in my head. I suspect the lead singer, Barbara Menendez, may have had something to do with that. Watch the first video, and I think you will understand. :)

schlot and Beetle-Kill like this.
  4. Locust Post

Locust Post

5. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Thanks, today was a good day!
    My detailer and I discussing Hall & Oates, that's the fun part I omitted. "Rich Girl", he sorta popped and had a very vivid memory from a while back. Something about a blond in a turbo Saab, local bar, she was from Vail and her Uncle/ Grandfather owned the Vail Valley property until it was sold to out-of-staters, and.%#&@%$....he had a bit more description than I can put forth about that interaction. "Rich Girl" brought it all back to him, and I had the pleasure of listening to him.:emb::headbang: .... But.- here's the cool part to me.-
    My Father , my Uncle, and all of my great Uncles hunted that same land in the 60's. They knew the old property owners. All that land was on the North side of what is now I-70. South side was built up in '62 or so. And so I'm in this weird -6-steps to Kevin Bacon- thing, all because of an old Hall & Oates song. It's actually pretty intriguing.
    An aside- NWA- Straight outta Compton- '84," rolling down Alisal Blvd. in my '77, hook'in up the chicks, taken them to heaven. I rolled up the street and said- Was up?....."

I then realized I was in the wrong neighborhood and I skedaddled. Tru story.
    Apologies to Eazy-E-" Boyz-n-the-hood"

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Gasifier likes this.