Ok guys and gals. I'm looking for an idea of what we can have for breakfast that isn't your everyday run of the mill stuff.
It is kinda funny that we only have certain food for breakfast, I mean who the hell got to make that decision? Why can't I have a pork chop for breakfast? I tell my wife "we should have breakfast for dinner some night", but we never do it.
Jack try an Asian breakfast twist. We make this occasionally and it's great. Steam some veggies and add soy sauce, then mix in scrambled eggs.
MANY moons ago when I worked overnight, my dinner at 7:00a.m. was everyone else's breakfast. Steak, cottage cheese, salad. Quite often, we'd be at the bar when it opened, and had to wait for the griddle to heat up so we could have a burger and fries with our pitchers. Sheeple. I had some leftover pizza about 2 hours ago.
oooh swags, that sounds good. I usually put onions in my eggs, but hadn't thought much about doing that. Sliced maters on the side is good too.
I tend to have my biggest meal of the day at breakfast then taper off to a lighter dinner.Even in summertime.Cornflakes,Wheaties etc are OK,but are like a snack to me & don't stay with me when working outside all morning,especially in winter time.Normally most of the week I'll have something like brown rice or some kind of potato/pasta with roast chicken,turkey,,beef,various wurst or a little salame/bacon or pork.Quite often leftover from the night before.Generally eat what I'm hungry for,that can be anything from leftover pizza to granola.Sausage gravy/biscuits are always a hit with me.Even better with fried potatoes/onions/peppers...... Its all fuel. Cant stand eggs (baked in cakes or cookies is OK though) so the rare time I go out for breakfast I have them substitute extra potatoes,pancake/waffle or biscuits for them.
We do Biscuits (my homemade are the goodest) and sausage gravy every Christmas morning. It's a weird tradition we have.
Whatever you see in the fridge when you open the door.... Seriously I eat whatever is there if it's last nights dinner so be it.
2 times in past month I've even fixed a pot of Cajun gumbo at 530 AM- had a box of zatarain's mix in the cupboard,either chicken or turkey breast & a big chunk of Andouille sausage in the fridge,extra chopped onion,celery,garlic & few drops Tabasco. Bowl of that on a cold morning with some ice tea really hits the spot before heading outside....Plus usually have leftover 5-6 meals ready to heat up later in the week...
We have brupper all the time! No, I kind of missed it. About to get out of bed, see how a little motion affects me.