Sorry, didn't get the amount of pictures I would have like to, but bucked about a half cord of cherry.
I've only gotten alittle here and there over the years, but I plan on mixing it in during SS. I have another one that I carefully dropped, however, it is still hung up in some vines, so until the quad is fixed (headlight housing barely hanging on) its getting put on hold. The one from today top snapped during a recent storm, unless I missed it, so I fell the rest of it. It did have some rot at the base.
Cherry is sure becoming one of my favorites in this new stove. I always have a fair amount in the stacks and have always liked it but it just seems even better in this new cat stove. Funny to see no snow on the ground, that storm that came through here and into Pa must not have come that far east.
Cherry is nice. My neighbor has a nose for it, and knows when I'm burning it, even if the chimney only smokes for a bit. We received about an inch of snow during the backside of the last storm. Unfortunately, it was mostly a rain event. If it were all snow, we would've hit the woodlands numbers I think.
We had 7" on Tuesday night. Up to 43 today so it's melting off. I'm hoping we still have some on the ground for Monday gun season. Calling for a 30% chance of rain/snow that day.
We might get another two inches by the end of tomorrow but it looks like we might get some rain this week.
We had a fantastic day today. Was forecast to get mid 30's. Turned out sunny (for a nice change), no wind and temperature got into the low 40's. Wow! I was impressed for sure. Several days now forecast to be in mid to high 30's but, as usual, cloudy.
It cuts so nice and fast. The 372 was overkill, but afterall, we learned from the headmaster himself- Scotty O
Since it will be warmer tonight (20) we'll burn the pellet stove so we can clean the Liberty out in the morning.
This morning I woke to 40f ! What an odd change from the cold we have been having. In fact the house was too hot this morning.
lo 20's to 35 last week up to Thanksgiving.53 on Friday then gradual cooling to lo 40's since.Next cold front is scheduled for later this week,with high's around 20 by Friday once again.