Sold my First Black Locust

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by buZZsaw BRAD, Jan 9, 2021.

1. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good deal, buddy. Nice saw.

2. Biddleman

Biddleman

Good deal buZZsaw BRAD . Primo $$$$ for primo product. You have to love capitalism.

3. Yawner

Yawner

Wow. I tell ya, getting a Stihl 201 for $350 is a steal! Did you realize how good a deal that is? And your saw looks to be in great condition.

EDIT: I just now saw all the other posts, lol. So, you know it was a great deal!

4. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

I did realize it and even at his original asking price of $400 it was still a good deal. Couldnt believe he accepted my $350 offer and was nice enough to meet me halfway for purchase the next morning.
    How often do you use your RH 200 Yawner ? What bar length on yours?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  5. Yawner

Yawner

I have several smaller saws and really don't use it that much but when I do, I am reminded how good a saw it is. It has 14 inch bar. I needed it yesterday, was thinning some small maples and only had Husky 346, which is fine, but I was walking through the woods, the 200 would have been nice.

6. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

When i purchased my 170 new in April i had only used my little Husky334 top handle as a light weight saw. It took a while to get used to using a light weight rear handle saw. I cut tops, downed trees often in tangles and once i got used to it a bigger saw was too clumsy for the task. I also have my 194 top handle which works great too, but for safety i want two hands on the saw. Any pics of your 200 Yawner

MikeInMa, mat60, Midwinter and 3 others like this.
  7. Yawner

Yawner

This one, I dunno about others.

Attached Files:

8. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

NICE SAW! There was a rear handle 200 on FBM here a couple weeks ago. The guy wanted $900 for it and i think he was firm on the price too. It had a 14" Sugihara lightweight bar on it not that it adds much value. I had a nice PM chat with him. He was a tree service and knew it was worth money, but not even close to that IMO. A new 201C rear handle new is less than that. Ive seen them at my OPE dealer.
    I have less than a tank full through mine and love it. My 170 is being sold this week to a fellow FHC member.

9. Yawner

Yawner

Certainly is a great saw but his ask is too high but who knows, might help him get a high final closing price. Was his new or used?

10. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Used. He seemed like he wanted to keep it. At $500 i mightve considered it...mightve.
    All my pro model saws ive gotten great deals on. My MS194T i paid retail even though the OPE dealer did take $20 off.

11. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

To sell a cord for $600...a cord in the bed (of the right truck) and a cord in the trailer, coming home with $1200....I could be tempted d3pending how far away that was...
    Sca

12. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

Im kinda hoping for a good long cold snap...keep the poisonous snakes, spiders, an invasive fish southa here. Keeping molds, blights and fungusses at bay would be ok with me too.

A little reading revealed that a good cold spell is healthy for ecosystems around here.
    Sca

13. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Same here. I like the frozen ground.

14. mat60

mat60

Hard to clean the drive without the ground frozen the other day..:)

15. Reddingnative

Reddingnative

Not worth it for me to deal with yuppie city folks, traffic, etc.

16. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

That's the reason I don't drive 2-3 hrs to ATL. There are a few folks that haul big trailers of pine straw up there, some several times a week.

17. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Had a request for another cord, but was too far even with an additional delivery fee. Got a call last night and sold the second full cord and another this morning for the last. Ill have plenty of "bark on" BL for next Winter and maybe a cord of barkless. Hafta get hoarding on the barkless.

18. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Third cord customer got half his load this afternoon. Close to me which was great. He wants to wait a couple weeks for the rest which is fine by me. Second cord guy getting his on Sunday.
    Todays load. IMG_4040.JPG IMG_4041.JPG Had to shovel my way to the stack. 12"+ from Monday- Tuesday IMG_4042.JPG

19. Midwinter

Midwinter

It must hurt a little to have it gone. Now you'll have to get busy replacing it!

20. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

It does kind of in a way. I really busted my hump hoarding all that a year ago. I have maybe half of it replaced already including what i split today. If i end up with green BL splits that are heartwood and no bark they will end up in the stack too.
    Have scores of it up my sleeve so i can refill. The guy from yesterday may become a regular for it...woo hoo. He showed me the "seasoned"wood he bought...lots of fresh split red oak. :picard: