In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

So am I in the club now?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by swags, Jan 26, 2014.

  1. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    I just want something where if I am gone all day is still pumping heat when I get home or to help on the coldest of days so the reloads aren't as critical.
     
  2. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Yes and if I am gone a few days it will run on its own.
     
  3. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Right now my wife is gone for three days to a teacher conference in Columbus and I have been working 12 lately. That's a long time for a wood stove to go when it's zero or slightly above outside. I would love to be able to load the stove leave for 12 hours and know the pellet stove would be putting out one heat when I get home. On days where we are having normal temps I can go 12 hours and not worry about it but not in this recent stuff.
     
  4. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,312
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    I thinxs we got another nibble. Be ready to set the hook! :cool:

    :thumbs:
     
    343amc, imacman, swags and 1 other person like this.
  5. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    No prob Swags. Glad she is working good.

    I have long said it. I love my wood stove. But Pellets will always be my Primary heat. Total automation. My house is always warm and cozy.
     
    gbreda likes this.
  6. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Its been running two full days now and I just pulled out the clinker, probably should have done that yesterday but the clinker really wasnt too big. So i think im alright, the mix in running is about 30-35% pellets in with the corn. Burns well so Im happy. but like Dex said I still love my wood stove.
     
    DexterDay likes this.
  7. gbreda

    gbreda

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    7,506
    Likes Received:
    37,200
    Location:
    NH
    Trying really hard to leave that comment alone :p