Woke up to a fresh dusting of about 6" this a.m. At the end of daylight, we had just about the same amount at sundown wherever it was in the shade all day. Actually had to put the shovel down twice! Won't be long and the temps will be down there as the same as Bogy's!
In Maine, when the morning weather folks and their "outdoor" on-scene reporters get done, you'd think every "dusting" was the BLIZZARD OF THE YEAR...
We got a "dusting" too, Dave. About 1/2". That's what I call a dusting. If we got 6", I'd need to plow for about 3 hours.
Plow never even came by the house. They hit the main roads/highways and lust figured to let the rest melt. That's why I was kinda surprised that the S stuff was still around at the end of 2 days..
Yea Winter has arrived. But I bet you'll have a few weeks of Fall type weather coming. I read the lakes water temp is lower than in the past , that mean colder winter for you ? We've been lucky, only one dusting. Wind picked up past 3 days, been near 36° for out high temps. 9°f coldest here so far, be nice if that was our low for the whole Winter
Dave, one would naturally expect cooler waters in the Great Lakes would mean colder air this winter. However, we've seen in the past that it has not always held true. But for sure if the water freezes, then there will be a lot less lake effect snow. As for water temperature, Lake Superior usually reaches its peak temperature sometime in September and that is usually around 72. Makes for a very cold swim for sure. I also remember one summer we picked up our granddauther in Omaha and came home. Not far west of the Straits there are miles and miles of sandy beach which can make for great swimming. However, this was right after the July 4 weekend and the water at that time just is not very warm. Yet she had her mind made up she was going swimming. I tried but backed out only to have my wife mock me for it. So I convinced her to put her suit on and go it the water. She got a toe wet and came running back to the motor home! I think our granddauther was a bit blue when she came out but she loved it. And this was in Lake Michigan. Superior is colder yet.