In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Small tractor discussion

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by Easy Livin' 3000, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Easy Livin' 3000

Easy Livin' 3000

I'm not planning on digging much right next to the foundation, just about 6" deep, to put some impermeable plastic, and to get the grading away from the house into the french drain. The trenches will all be about 2' from the house.

Redfin likes this.
  2. Easy Livin' 3000

Easy Livin' 3000

Yes, I can see the water running and pooling when it rains. The house is on a slope, and most of it is coming down hill, and collecting in the level spot where the house is built.

There are two downspouts on the house that go into old clay drain tiles, and away from the house. The downspouts will be integrated into the new system. I have a feeling that the old clay drain tiles that not only took care of the downspouts, but also yard drainage, have become less and less effective because of encroaching tree roots and chipmunk work.

PA Mountain Man likes this.
  3. PA Mountain Man

PA Mountain Man

It sounds like you are on it.
    Check out the Toolcat. My buddy's wife loves it.

4. Redfin

Redfin

Copy. One thing, get the heaviest tractor you can afford if you plan on much hoe work.

I have a full size JD. even the most powerful hydro will do you no good if you overpower the weight of the machine.

5. Ohio dave

Ohio dave

Fairly new to the tractor game but I've heard good things about Bobcat tractors. Unfortunately they're so new not alot on them for long term durability.

6. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

I think they are actually made by Kioti, just renamed Bobcat