In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Small Ash

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Jan 17, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    This was on my way up to check one of the Northern Red Oak trees we planted last year, it looks like a small Ash that was damaged by the ice storm, I'll put it on the list.
     

    Attached Files:

    Well Seasoned, milleo and Pallet Pete like this.
  2. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    will add some btus but I prefer the big ash:whistle:
     
  3. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Lol, how did I know this thread was going to take a twist just from the title....
     
    swags likes this.
  4. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Gonna make some nice "round ash" when all bucked up.

    How were the oak trees ?
     
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
  6. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Now that I have some ash to compare your pics to, they look the same. I enjoy ash, it's lightweight, dries fairly quick and decent BTU's
     
  7. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,511
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    I thought the exact same thing when I got ready to open this thread. Actually I was thinking of adding something like Swags did.
     
    Certified106 likes this.
  8. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    You've got a nice ash Woody. Must be from woodworking. o_O