In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Shoulder season wood.

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Backwoods Savage, Jul 30, 2020.

1. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I do the same...to me SS wood certainly has its place, even though I'm 4-5 years ahead. Just as Midwinter mentioned on the first page, its easier to regulate the house temp with lower BTU wood.
    Oh, and I am a silver maple fan too...stuff burns hot! :yes:
    One thing that hasn't been brought up is the difference between running a cat stove vs non cat...I think regulating the house temp is easier with a cat stove, regardless of the wood BTU...so like Eric VW said..."each to their own burn needs" :handshake:
    Oh, and some like to keep the house temp pretty consistent...some don't mind letting it swing 10*...we usually keep it within 2-4* all the time...but that is easier to do with a computer controlled whole house wood furnace though too...:whistle:

2. Loon

Loon

Red Maple is burnt here 24/7 and i like it alot. I know its called soft maple but 2 year old css drives a great fire and the T5 can make it last a very long time. House is easy to heat so its not like i need petrified oak.:coldone:

3. CNE deer

CNE deer

My shoulder wood is weirds and uglys all the stuff that wont fit in the racks .