In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Shed stacking question

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Sirchopsalot, Oct 25, 2023.

1. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

We initially filled the shed from the back....all the wood was close but below. It worked out well chucking wood up there, stacking both sides full, then the rest through the front.

With the wife quickly exiting my scene, doggo is absolutely the spoiled rotten furry love of my life. She gets all my affection and constant attention. When I cook, most of what I eat is dog-friendly, so I cook for both of us.

Pushing in another load of wood to the shed tonight. Mostly ash. We've got everything in for this next season, filling it up with next year's supply.

2. Locust Post

Locust Post

My dog and I had a lot of good talks when I went through my divorce. They just have a good sense of your emotions.

3. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

And she's turned into a real attention hound. I was away for 5 weeks on retreat, and dog has been rather clingy since....which I have been more than happy to indulge.
    Saved my life once....few months ago, looking at the bitter end of my rope. If she wasn't in the truck with me that night, the night would have ended very differently. I even thought of dropping her off somewhere, and then letting go of that end of the rope.
    But I couldn't do that to her doggy heart.

On a brighter note, Stumpy and I stacked another 2/3 cord into the shed today. Adding lighting and a bluetooth speaker were strokes of brilliance (someone's idead here....not mine).
    20240702_203306.jpg

Woodwidow, EODMSgt, John D and 5 others like this.
  4. Locust Post

Locust Post

Hang in there brother, God never promised easy but he does promise to never leave you or forsake you. He carried me through in times when I could not stand and he restored the years the locusts ate.

Erik B, EODMSgt, John D and 3 others like this.
  5. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot