In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Self feeding outdoor/camp fire

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Well Seasoned, Jan 31, 2016.

  1. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Thought this was pretty neat. Ive seen this done before by some old timers and woodsmen in different setups.

     
  2. saskwoodburner

    saskwoodburner

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2015
    Messages:
    2,612
    Likes Received:
    14,907
    Location:
    middle of nowhere Saskatchewan, Canada
    I wonder how this would work with smaller and shorter logs? Maybe 24" x 5" rounds for the guys who just need some coals left over in 6 hours.
     
  3. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,458
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Interesting, but knowing my luck, the log feeder poles would catch on fire and send a rolling flaming log into my tent while I'm sleeping. I'd use steel t posts for that part.

    I like burninating, not being burninated. trogdor_vector_by_dvd_lesher-d4tkj8x.jpg