When we move downstairs, my view of the driveway will be gone. Instead, I'll be looking out at the woods. Anyone have a home security/monitor system that they recommend. I want something to feed to a monitor so I can keep an eye on what is in my yard. Thanks Larry
Excellent question...I'm looking for something similar for inside my house that can be live and can be seen by handheld devices. My dad may be moving in shortly and he will be alone for most of the day while my wife and I are at work. This is more for safety not being sneaky.
my thoughts also. Nothing to be sneaky about here anyway. Being the last one in on a dead end road in the woods, I want to know when someone drives or walks in. Usually the dogs will set off the alarm, but I would like to be able to look at the monitor instead of having to wait to hear someone knocking at the door.
I agree with your reasons. My dogs do the same thing, they can hear things we cannot and they let us know when theres an odd noise thats out of the norm. My thoughts are purely for peace of mind, slight dimentia is making things challenging and this is all going to be new to us....
Not a video monitor, but they make an IR sensor you mount on the sides of yiur driveway and it beeps in your house when a vehicle or person crosses it's path. Very similar to the IR eyes on a garage door and cheap too. It's a temporary option anyway until you decide on a video system