In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Saranac insert convection blower

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by barbedwiredave, Jan 13, 2016.

  1. barbedwiredave

    barbedwiredave

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2016
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    Hagerstown
    Quick update. The fan is too big to fit. If I had the extension snorkel the company released for the stove I could make it work but they are not produced anymore and Don doesn't have any stock. I did hook it up to test if the speed control works on PCS motors. It does vary the speed but I don't think to the degree of the old shaded pole motor, kinda hard to tell. I'm gonna try to upload a picture of how close the fan is to fitting
     

    Attached Files:

  2. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Can you make a piece of duct work to fit it? Some light gauge tin, some snips, some sheet screws, and it may be good to go.

    Even with lower air temps, the blower will have a faster recycle rate of the air in your home. So it may benefit you
     
  3. barbedwiredave

    barbedwiredave

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2016
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    Hagerstown
    I may look into doing that :smoke:
     
  4. SmokeyTheBear

    SmokeyTheBear

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    8,324
    Likes Received:
    39,419
    Location:
    Standish, ME
    I had to drill a hole or two to get mine into the stove, however it was not from a Magnum Countryside although it might have been used on one for all I know. I got it from The Surplus Center for $49.99. It is a 1500RPM 1.0 Amp Metal blower wheel, Fasco 70730488. Depends upon the parts on the control board if it can tolerate the 1.86 Amp or not unit. There were several different control boards used in that stove over the years.
     
    barbedwiredave likes this.
  5. barbedwiredave

    barbedwiredave

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2016
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    Hagerstown
    Thanks Smokey. I may give up on trying for a higher CFM fan. Without a snorkel I will have to mount it with the motor pointing inboard and there just isn't enough room as it hit the hopper.
     
    SmokeyTheBear likes this.