In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Sales still above last year

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by EODDiver, Feb 25, 2023.

1. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Make sure to use appropriately sized washers for rivets on the “grab/collapsing” side…

John D, T.Jeff Veal and yooperdave like this.
  2. billb3

billb3

Sometimes ya just hafta start over. I would just get a new bucket/tray. All that plastic is aged and prone to continually cracking. Any and every place you drill a hole for a rivet is gonna be the next place to crack. You'd have better luck gluing patches on but even that moves stresses over to the weakest spot to crack there. It's not like there's a shortage of buckets/trays anywhere.

3. EODDiver

EODDiver

Wheelbarrowing is a major part of my firewood business. It is how I move bucked rounds to my truck in the forest, move splits to my pallets, move wood to my truck and trailer for delivery and how I ultimately get the firewood to my customer’s storage place. And I owe a lot to wheelbarrowing to the physical health I am currently in at 61. I also price in $25 for wheelbarrowing each face cord I sell. Plan on purchasing another Kobalt from Lowe’s in the next month or so.

John D likes this.
  4. jrider

jrider

Then it's time to break down and buy a new wheelbarrow.

5. EODDiver

EODDiver

Bagged the second residential pizza oven sale for the month today. Smokers and pizza folks don’t care that it’s 95 degrees outside. Cherry is what I delivered today.

6. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Speaking of wheelbarrows, I thought I had seen pictures where you just pulled your trailer up beside the stacks along the driveway and loaded it there.

7. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

yooperdave and MikeInMa like this.
  8. EODDiver

EODDiver

I spent the last hour while it was raining fixing up Black Betty. She is now street legal in two states. My pizza oven customer today is happy with the bone dry cherry Rick.
    IMG_0857.jpeg IMG_0856.jpeg image000000.jpeg

9. yooperdave

yooperdave

Wait.....what?

With all the $$ you're pulling in, you won't buy a new wheelbarrow? :headbang:

As someone else said....."C'mon man!" :whistle:

Ron T, farmer steve, Moparguy and 2 others like this.
  10. EODDiver

EODDiver

If I am the “big guy,” the Chinese or Ukrainians should help me out with another material mover.

Moparguy and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  11. EODDiver

EODDiver

I charged my customer today an extra $20 because he was 90 miles away. He tipped me another $20. He was typical of the majority of my customers, massive wealth. His backyard setup was worth unthinkable sums. Fancy swimming pool, tile and stamped concrete, huge island with fridge, sink, pizza oven and griddle. These dudes want the best firewood available and that is what I deliver.

WinonaRail likes this.
  12. EODDiver

EODDiver

Pizza oven burners are the newest firewood craze. They typically want shorter and smaller splits in 1/4 Rick amounts. So not worth pursuing because of my rural location. Those of you that side hustle firewood coming and going to your primary job might think about marketing to these folks.

WinonaRail likes this.
  13. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Moparguy likes this.
  14. EODDiver

EODDiver

Yes, I do load my truck and trailer from the stacks on each side of my gravel road. However, it all gets there via wheelbarrowing from my splitting station. I also have about 15-20 cords on each side of my woodyard that I am constantly filling and then moving into my "ready rows." If I was the boss, I would have huge pallet bins in my three acre yard which would drastically increase my efficiency and reduce my mowing time.
    IMG_0850.jpeg

T.Jeff Veal and WinonaRail like this.
  15. EODDiver

EODDiver

wildwest and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  16. EODDiver

EODDiver

That is a good price for a replacement tray from Menards. Unfortunately, there isn't a Menard's near me and the shipping cost alone is $49!!!! Probably just get another dually wheel poly Kobalt from Lowes. My current one is holding up nicely and suffered minimal damage from a 35mph fall from my truck onto blacktop.

T.Jeff Veal likes this.
  17. EODDiver

EODDiver

IMG_0868.jpeg IMG_0866.jpeg Debated whether to revel one of my firewood secrets. But here it is. I rescue firewood from the place I purchase massive amounts of firewood. The cutoffs and knotty stuff was being burned 24/7 in a huge pile. I asked if I could have it. This stuff along with my tips pays for all my diesel fuel and more. Two hundred and fifty gallons of diesel a month averaged out over the year. @buZZsawBRAD is my idol for scrounging, so I don't claim to be in his league.

buZZsaw BRAD and WinonaRail like this.
  18. EODDiver

EODDiver

Stuff I can cut to 16" goes into my residential stacks. 13-15 goes into my restaurant piles. 12" and below goes into my small wood stove, solo stove, and pizza oven customers stacks. And I burn some of this stuff also. 100% hickory and white oak.

WinonaRail likes this.
  19. billb3

billb3

There was somebody (I thinkit was this forum) that was making bundles to fit those Solo smokeless outdoor firepits that were/are all the rage in some places.

WinonaRail and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  20. EODDiver

EODDiver

I can custom order the lengths of the firewood I purchase. So have two cords of 12" hickory and white oak being processed sometime this week. I'll have to spilt it down smaller, but saves a lot of chainsawing time. If it doesn't sell, it will go into my wood stove.

T.Jeff Veal and WinonaRail like this.