In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Rolling Flames - April 17th

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Oldhippie, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Oldhippie

Oldhippie

Nice to look at the pretty rolling flames in the morning as I restoke the load from last night, which was the the restoke from yesterdays load.

But really God, ....can it be Spring and warm up pretty soon?

warm stove.jpg

2. My IS heats my home

My IS heats my home

Mr. Hippie, that is the cleanest looking operating FV I have ever seen. You keep a nice setup on and around your hearth!

trooper and milleo like this.
  3. Oldhippie

Oldhippie

Thanks! it's a nice set-up, I've got a wood bin right beside the stove, on the same side as the stove door, so it's an easy load into the stove. That, and the stove is in the main living area of the house and I'd be in the dog house if it was a mess. Truth be told, I like it neat too.. but keeping it neat is pretty easy.

I'm kinda ready ready for the warm weather. I didn't have to cut too deep into this years wood supply, and am starting to work on the replenish for 2015/16 to stay at least 2 years ahead.

Good luck with your new IS! I'm hoping I might get a replacement Woodstock stove for my downstairs family room to replace the older VC Resulute I've got down there now. I've been nursing it along for many years, and it's auxilary heat now for the very coldest weather, when 2 stoves help, but I the next iteration of the WS IS might be in my future, if it is a smaller version of the IS.
    Resolute HDR.jpg

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  4. Stinny

Stinny

Perty stove Mr Hippie … nice fire too. And, yup, it can move into real spring weather anytime soon…

Oldhippie likes this.
  5. ailanthus

ailanthus

Great looking stove & setup - I love the timbers!

Oldhippie likes this.
  6. bogydave

bogydave

Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Nice !

Should start warming up & Mother Nature should run out of cold air soon :)
    Ice on the lakes is looking black here, getting soft, gonna be liquid water soon !

Oldhippie likes this.
  7. Oldhippie

Oldhippie

Finally, we usually have pussy willows in full bloom by now. Not this year.

8. bogydave

bogydave

Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Tough winter. 1st weeks of April are "cabin fever" time, Spring is close, lots more daylight but can't do much outdoors.
    Breaking the back of winter seems late for your area, the North Mid West has it even worse.
    Weird weather pattern this Spring :confused:

25° here last night
    Sunny day & up to 44° already.
    Things thawing out & can see some of the trees budding :)
    Pretty much "the norm" for here, but have had Aprils' with single digit temps in years past.

My IS heats my home and Stinny like this.
  9. My IS heats my home

My IS heats my home

you might even email that pic to WS, they might like to have it for a photo album??

10. Oldhippie

Oldhippie

Good Idea, I'll mail it to Lorin along with one or two others I've got.

Crazy to enjoy a commercial company so much, but I'm going to organize a motorcycle ride shortly, and a stop just before lunch is going to be,,, you guessed it, WS Soapstone Stove Tour. :)

Like they're a National Landmark. Pics to be supplied, of course. ...along with a stop at the 4Aces Diner following the tour.

ailanthus and fox9988 like this.
  11. My IS heats my home

My IS heats my home

Looking forward to your pics! I'll be up that way sometime in mid-july. I e-mailed with Mike H from WS yesterday, he said they have the IS in for burning trials at the test lab. They also are about to collect the beta stoves and return them for a rigorous inspection. So pre-production is slated for the end of June.

12. Flamestead

Flamestead

I don't know much about organizing a ride, but I like to drive NH Rt 12A on my way to West Lebanon. Gets you the Windsor-Cornish covered bridge and some farm country.

I picked a few pussy willows the other day, I think I boiled my last sap yesterday (horrid flavor), and the turkeys are out strutting their stuff. Only 27 degrees this morning, but the sun is warming things up quickly.

My IS heats my home likes this.
  13. Oldhippie

Oldhippie

That is exactly what I do. I come up through Keene on Rt 12N through Walpole (I think that's the town across from Bellows Falls) and then pick up 12A after I follow along the NH side of the Connecticut for 20 miles or so. Then 12 is gorgeous and takes us right into the Airport Rd to take a right and go up to Woodstock.

Gorgeous ride through 12A up there. Now I wish I was going today! :)

My IS heats my home likes this.