In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Rocket stove

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by mattjm1017, Jan 9, 2014.

  1. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    A Rolling Rocket stove to be exact. Lets just say Ive been a little obsessed with making a rocket stove lately and tonight Ive had a few beverages Im sure you can figure out what Ive been drinking. So I made one its rather rudimentary and only lasted for about 15 minutes before it started to burn out and fall apart but it was fun and Ive been inspired to make a bigger one. A buddy of mine is looking for some 55 gallon drums for me but in the mean time I might go get some sappora and use those as they are in steel cans.

    IMAG0464.jpg IMAG0466.jpg IMAG0470.jpg IMAG0472.jpg
     
  2. Daryl

    Daryl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,164
    Likes Received:
    4,239
    That is classic. Rollin Rocket is one of my all time favorite stoves.
     
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  3. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Boredom in winter :)
     
    gbreda and mattjm1017 like this.
  4. BrianK

    BrianK

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,108
    Likes Received:
    11,113
    Location:
    West central PA
    You need to do the next one using Fosters Lager Oil Cans.
     
    gbreda, mattjm1017 and Daryl like this.
  5. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    I dont know if I like Fosters Ill have to give it a try. The biggest problem was the aluminum just burned out so I really need to get some steel.
     
    Daryl and BrianK like this.
  6. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    When I had my flex liner shipped a few years ago, they sent me the wrong size stainless "T". I called to return it and they sent the correct sized one and said to keep the smaller one . I really wished I kept it as it would have made a nice rocket stove with a short section of pipe added to it.
     
    mattjm1017 likes this.