In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Restoring Stuff

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by Skier76, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Skier76

Skier76

I think I’m wired to be practical. I can’t stand waste; even food. Why toss something if it still has life left in it?

I bought my wife this hose reel about 8 years ago? It works great, especially with heavier hoses. Those plastic box ones seem to break after a few seasons.

As you can see, it’s seen better days. The paint was faded, some rust and two tire s were cooked. But it could be saved!

[​IMG]

Timed things right at Harbor Freight and scored new tires for about $4 and change each. Picked up two rattle cans of finish paint and used some automotive primer I had laying around.

[​IMG]

For under $25, not a bad result. Figure we should get years out of this before it needs another touch up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Chaz

Chaz

Looks good and should last a long time.
    :yes:

Sure beats pitching it and purchasing something of less quality.

Skier76 likes this.
  3. Skier76

Skier76

Here’s a set of outdoor speakers I fixed up last fall. They worked fine, looked not so great. In hindsight, I should have bought a pair of Yamahas like we have at our main house; is what it is though. These actually sound pretty good for what they are.

[​IMG]

Some light sanding, automotive primer and a few topcoats....

[​IMG]

They’ve been outside in VT since the spring and look great. I think the factory didn’t use a good prep and paint process. Thinking this should hold up better.

These grilles are just held in with pressure and some type of tacky putty. So they are pretty easy to pop out and reinstall.

Becks Non Alcoholic: When you are rushing to pick up beer for Christmas and grab “one more 6 pack just in case....”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmer steve and Chaz like this.