Just heard about this today and thought I'd check into it since I've got a 700 of course I've got one that is effected by the recall! So if you've got one check into it because it's a discharging unexpectedly problem!!! Very dangerous !!!!
not a new problem - at least 20 if not more years worth- they might just finally be acknowledging it. likely have two that will need correction one is a j-lock The best correction has always been an after market trigger assembly.
Sure looks like it's not a new thing I guess and the real fix seems to be an aftermarket trigger like you say. I just heard from a guy at work it was on the news and when I searched it Remington actually has a recall page and they will take your rifle back and "fix" it or even refund you in some cases but all in all doesn't look like anything as freakish as I was told at first