In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Recuttin, splittin and a stackin

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by HDRock, Oct 21, 2016.

  1. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    I don't have any to resize now, I just have to cut to proper length the scrounges I pick up
     
    Canadian border VT likes this.
  2. Ralphie Boy

    Ralphie Boy

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    4,274
    Likes Received:
    29,904
    Location:
    Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
    24" down to 17" for me. Buck says it will take 18" North, South, but in reality, it will only take 3 splits at 18". 17" is a perfect fit.
     
  3. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Yeah, I cut 17" box is 18 square, NS I can just fit 18 1/4" in the bottom