In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Rain Rain Rain Rain

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Pallet Pete, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Mitch Newton

Mitch Newton

I had a 1971 343 AMC Javelin. Where's that handle come from?

2. 343amc

343amc

I have a 1969 AMC Javelin. Nice to see another AMC guy around. :)

3. foragefarmer

foragefarmer

Raining here from the tropical storm remnants. It didn't get to 60 today.

4. Mitch Newton

Mitch Newton

Got any pics of that thing? I loved mine. Had it all raced up and worked two jobs to support it. I wish I still had it. When it was stock that thing had a tremendous top end. Pegged it numerous times at 140mph. Oh well those days are long gone.

5. 343amc

343amc

Here's a couple. It's pretty much bone stock, except for a one wire alternator, Keystone rims (those were on the car when I bought it) and a Mallory electronic ignition. I don't like messing around with breaker points and the previous owner had butchered enough wiring that I kept blowing voltage regulators with the original alternator. Even has the original vacuum wipers. It sucks driving in the rain with those.

Its a 343, automatic, twin grip rear end, 'Go-Pack' (4 piston disc brakes, 4 barrel carb, dual exhaust, heavy duty sway bar), mod package (fake hood scoops, simulated side pipes and roof spoiler) and 'Rally Pack' gauges. It was built in November of 1968. It was a New York car originally before it came to Michigan. It had the Fred Flintsone package (missing floorboards), quarters were rusted out, etc. I've owned it for 17 years. Hindsight being what it is I could have bought a southern car that needed a lot less work, but thats OK.

Never had it to 140. I got it to 120 once not long after I got it and that was plenty for me. Nowadays its a 'sunny day' driver and might see 60 MPH every now and again, but its a quick run up to 60... :)

Attached Files:

6. savemoney

savemoney

Another post suggested putting your location in your signature. Sure would help in post like when we are talking about the weather. Worth considering. Thanks

7. Daryl

Daryl

The summer was a total washout. Rained almost every day. Now we have been in a warm drought since September. It was in the mid 70s today. Crazy. Fun though.

8. mattjm1017

mattjm1017

Its been raining since Monday:mad: Im sick of it the summer was a total washout and so far the fall is too.

9. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

Summer didn't matter much to me I worked a but load of overtime but now that the overtime has ended STOP RAINING ! Lol actually this weekend has been beautiful outside so far for once.

mattjm1017 likes this.
  10. HDRock

HDRock

Well Pete , looks like no rain for 3 days :D

11. mattjm1017

mattjm1017

Sounds like just the opposite I had absolutely no OT during the summer but it was raining now were getting geared up for the OT and its raining nothing like working in the rain and mud.

Pallet Pete likes this.
  12. Mitch Newton

Mitch Newton

That brings back memories. Mine was a four speed. Eventually bored out the motor, added big cam and put a 512 rear end in it. Real street demon back in the day. I even took a trip from Ohio to Florida via Alabama just to see the AMX 390 that the State Police used for highway patrol cars.