In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Quick cabin trip

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Stinny, Oct 20, 2014.

  1. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Had to check out the cabin. Had some branches I wanted to add to the burn pile there, and then cover it to keep snow off until we burn it with snow on the ground. Leaves are almost gone opening the view a bit.

    100_0008.JPG
    100_0015.JPG
    100_0017.JPG

    Here's a view of the cabin from that farm off in the distance, bout a mile... see if you can find it.

    100_0004.JPG

    Cold there today, 38. Went over to porky's tool shed, to see how much more they'd chew'd up... :hair:

    100_0027.JPG
    100_0026.JPG

    :rootintootin: ... of course, no porky's for miles... whenever I'm there. :headbang:
     
    Loon, 343amc, thewoodlands and 7 others like this.
  2. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    Theres nothing like being in the country. Looks nice. Nice view
     
    Stinny likes this.
  3. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Nice Stinnster, off to camp for a quickie :)
     
    papadave, NYCountry and Stinny like this.
  4. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Do you keep porky food in there or something? Jeez, I'd have to get all medieval on the little bastages.:rootintootin:
    Beautiful view, and no, I couldn't find it for all the trees.
    Do you call the cabin Waldo, by chance?:D
     
    Stinny likes this.
  5. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,644
    Likes Received:
    144,582
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    [QUOTE=":rootintootin: ... of course, no porky's for miles... whenever I'm there. :headbang:[/QUOTE]

    Whats a porky?
     
    Stinny likes this.
  6. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Porcupine.
    They've declared war on Stinny's cabin.

    EDIT: Not the cabin, the shed.
     
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  7. bigbarf48

    bigbarf48

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2014
    Messages:
    2,344
    Likes Received:
    4,702
    Location:
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Nice view stinny :dex:
     
    Stinny likes this.
  8. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Nice pics
    Great view

    To bad about the porcupines, can you trap them ?
    Some green metal sheeting along the bottom may work.
     
    Stinny and bigbarf48 like this.
  9. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    PD... the food at the tool shed is... the tool shed. Glue in the plywood is supposedly like catnip to a cat. Drives porky's nuts, they can't get enough. I've given up on that shed. It's still useful as bait to keep those little friggers away from the cabin... about 300' away. No sign of them there, unless there's plywood there. Never is. Waldo?

    BD... don't know about trapping. If they decide that shiplap pine tastes as good as plywood... all bets are off... :rootintootin::rootintootin::rootintootin:
     
    Jack Straw likes this.
  10. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    You know....Where's Waldo?
     
    Stinny likes this.
  11. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Waldo's little journey better not end up chewing on the cabin itself... ;)

    On a dif topic... how do you tag or ? dif members responding to a message? I've seen more than one name highlighted on messages. How'z that happen?
     
  12. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Put the @ sign in front of their name.
     
    Stinny likes this.
  13. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Eureka! :D Thx.