In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Quadrafire Contour/Santa Fe Hopper Lid Hinge Bolt Fell In - Guess what happened?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by don2222, Mar 25, 2014.

  1. don2222

    don2222

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2013
    Messages:
    3,438
    Likes Received:
    4,874
    Location:
    Salem NH
    Hello

    Nothing!

    At first I said Oh No! But it is a Quadrafire!

    Stove was working fine so I let it run dry of pellets and vacuumed the hopper. No bolt there!

    Then I started vacuming the fire box and there it was! Right in front of the fire pot!

    So I tried star and C lock washers. The C washer was too think for the hindges to sit flush with the cover so I put in the much flatter star lock washers. Anything else I should do? Maybe some RTV?

    See yellow arrows in pics below
    Click to Enlarge.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,529
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Liquid thread locker. Removable type.
     
  3. don2222

    don2222

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2013
    Messages:
    3,438
    Likes Received:
    4,874
    Location:
    Salem NH
    Thanks
     
  4. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    What imacman said..