Anyone know a good place to get an auger motor for a Quad Castille. Have a friend who's stove is a year and 1 week old. He's going to call the dealership to see if they will honor the slightly out if date warranty. The auger motor has a slightly vibrating, squeaky noise coming from it.....definitely from the motor.
Very nice units, and very reasonable price. Ball bearing output shaft too: http://www.gleasonavery.com/catalog/pellet-corn-stove-motors.html
Thanks Imacman...I bookmarked that site for me His quad has a totally different type of motor. Reminds me of a Ring Ding lol
I may be wrong but I do not see any quad style reversing motors on the Gleason-Avery site. Here is one. You can see in the picture they are very different. http://allbasicsstoves.com/quadrafireaugermotorfitsmulipleunits.aspx
Oh, OK. Maybe here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quadrafire-...196?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2df9c4bc
The direction it turns if your facing the output shaft that connects to the auger, AFAIK. The G-A type units can be reversed at home anyway.....the stack just has to be flipped over.
If you order a G-A unit, do it over the phone with them and tell them the rotation you need and the RPM....they'll have the motor all ready to bolt in when you get it.