In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pulling maintenance on the Quad 1000

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Snowy Rivers, Feb 16, 2016.

  1. Snowy Rivers

    Snowy Rivers

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2015
    Messages:
    2,849
    Likes Received:
    12,491
    Location:
    Newberg, Oregon
    I rent my lower level out and the only heat there is a Quad 1000.
    This morning I stepped out on the deck and got a whiff of nasty smoke, so walked down and took a peek at the vent and there is nasty black smoke wafting out the vent.

    Ooooook

    Time to clear the pot of clinker and do a good cleaning.

    Had her cool it off and then got out the big shop vac and and went after it.

    The bottom of the pot had a large amount of clinker in it that was plugging off the air holes into the pot.

    I removed the stainless steel baffle plates that cover the heat exchangers and really went after the beast with the BIG SUCK

    The fire pot is just about used up as are the baffles.

    This spring it is going to need some serious R&R

    Looks like a fire pot, ceramic thermocouple cover, baffles, remove the combustion fan motor and check that out.

    Blow out the draft fan motor, room air blower and the little combustion booster blower too.

    3 years ago I replaced the snap switches and a few things.

    Old girl has soldiered hard and long since 1993 as the sole heat source in the apartment down there.

    I stuck a want ad on craigs to see if I can score a good used stove for parts.

    Gotta be some about that have not had the crap ran out of them like this one.

    Great stove, absolutely fabulous beast.

    Never had any real issues other than the original fire pots that were ceramic and broke.

    Warranty fixed them.

    C'mon craigs list. :D
     
    ivanhoe, IHATEPROPANE and imacman like this.