I almost got a little teary eyed watchin baby piney real in her first fish tonight. I had to help her a little but still so proud of her. She just got the barbie pole for her birthday so we hit the ditch out back for some sunnys.
Great pic SP- you two will remember that day forever! I wonder who she gets them eyes from? Surely a cutie
You hitting on Piney...Eric?? Cute little girl. I gotta get me one of those Barbie poles, I hit the water with My G Loomis and 200.00 reel and come home empty handed!!
Man that's great, hopefully she's hooked for life now! Nothing better than sunfish to keep kids interested, and she looks likes she's having fun!! I just took my 8 year old out 2 weeks ago and her Madagascar fishing pole finally fell apart after about 5 years of use while I was setting it up. I made her learn to cast my spinning reel, and after about 10 minutes of practice she was ready and I baited her hook. Not 2 minutes later she hooked into a 7 lb channel cat! I made her fight it about half the way in until her arms were burning, then I held the pole and made her keep reeling. I'm worried that sunfish won't keep her interested anymore now!