Production Woodstock IS

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by My IS heats my home, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Rich L

Rich L

Do you think the next line of stoves will be perfected from the design flaw ?

2. Stephiedoll

Stephiedoll

As I understand it, all new stoves have been updated with the new design that they are incorporating in to our stoves. Should not be a problem for anyone interested in the stoves. As many others have said, this is a great company and I can not believe they are doing the repairs at no cost to us. Just the pain of getting the stove to the truck depot (at least for me).

3. BDF

BDF

I am pretty sure that Woodstock is now, and has been using the new design firebox for the entire last season so this problem should be solved in all recent Ideal Steel stoves. Mine was purchased the very first year they were for sale to the public (not in beta testing) and so has the original design firebox. Woodstock did beta test the stoves very aggressively in the field but again, this problem takes many, many hot / cold cycles to manifest itself and so was just not discovered in a year or so of testing.

Brian

4. BDF

BDF

Yes, one of the stoves' few downsides IMO is the weight. Of course all wood stoves are heavy but this one is particularly so. Woodstock lists two weights for this stove, one is horrible, the other is worse (640 lbs. or over 700 lbs., from their literature). Of course some weight can be eliminated such as the top plate, the door and the side covers but after that it becomes more difficult to take things off of or out of it. Taking the soapstone out of the stove helps but it is kinda' like a Rubik's cube putting it all back together again; my stove arrived with all the soapstone lining in a heap inside the firebox and it took two of us as well as both the drawings and assembly instructions to put them back. Not only do the right stone plates have to go in the right place but they also have to go in 'in order' and then be moved around a bit as sub assemblies to get them all in an affixed in the stove.

I am thinking about filling the stove with helium when it comes back and maybe float it into place on the hearth.... :rolleyes: ;)

Brian