In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Ported Stihl 036 Pro

Discussion in 'Closed Ads' started by DexterDay, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HittinSteel

HittinSteel

Husky rules the roost...... but there sure were some nice other brand saws at the GTG, both old and new.

damm fine membership we have here. Lot of genuinely good people.

2. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Stihlhead... If your referring to me, going to a mostly Mtronic line-up? I am.. Is that the majority? No. Absolutely not..

I do like them. I do preach a little, but on the other hand, I have a few non Auto tunes as well.

As for other sites? If you think this is "AnotherSite"? Your crazy.. We have mountains of members who are fine cutting with a Wild thing, Homie, Earthquake, or Farm boss. And that's fine. We are all here to talk firewood, saws, and stoves. This is the most down the earth site out there. We are not Forestry Forum (professional arborists), or SH (don't even want to comment)

To each his own. I got one saw ported and needed to do them all.. Some levels of CAD are worse than others. I remember a time when I thought you would have known a thing or 2 about that?? You are the STIHLHEAD!

Come on buddy? Thought we were better than that?

3. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I am a member at forestry forum. There mostly for forestry stuff. Been a member there for 10 years. There not so big on the saw stuff as say even the Hearth. Guys that know their stuff there but not as busy and deffinitly not the same attitude. But maybe I have not spent sniff time in the saw forum or its been too many years.

4. Jon1270

Jon1270

Maybe it's best to interpret StihlHead's comment as a reflection of anxiety about what could go wrong here, rather than a nasty accusation, and cut a guy some slack. We can't all be at our best all the time.

5. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

That's a pretty direct slam if you ask me.

But StihlHead is welcome to stick around and talk saws if he so chooses. Especially if he has more old growth logging pics.;)

clemsonfor likes this.
  6. Jon1270

Jon1270

Yeah, it wasn't great, but I think it's often better to simply delete or ignore or address stuff like that privately than to whack it back publicly like a pingpong ball.

Chvymn99 and clemsonfor like this.
  7. billb3

billb3

Nah, the hot rodders just have no lives. :rofl: :lol:

Ya gotta admit plain old saws that just work and do what they are supposed to do are kinda boring. :cool:

Be thankful they're not also posting pics of themselves wearing nothing but thongs, proudly handling their name-brand ported tool(s).

DexterDay, clemsonfor and swags like this.
  8. thistle

thistle

Those who are around me very long figure out that I have a special weakness for saws that are old,loud, preferably huge & yellow in that order.But I don't discriminate against other smaller newer colors that are in mine or other's stables either.If a saw starts easily in all temps/weather conditions,does what its supposed to do & is always reliable - that's what matters most IMO.

Am still waiting/wishing/saving for a Mac 125C with the 101B kart engine however - 15 HP & 12,000RPM's over my bone stock restored one - 10-12HP & 10,000RPM.:saw: Just haven't had the fat wad of cash it takes for one,when one finally appears up for sale. :rofl: :lol:

9. StihlHead

StihlHead

I was just asking a question, and making a generalized statement about what I see on this forum and the web of late. I was not targeting anyone specifically. Nor was I having a, "bad day". I find it amusing that so many of the, "great group of people" are only too happy and fast to read in all kinds of stuff and pile on and bash my post in response though. Which is also rather typical of forums on the web in general. Gang mentality. To those that replied otherwise I am not referring to y'all.

Do not worry, I am not planning on posting here much, if at all in future. I left this site for specific reasons that I posted to you and they have not changed.

10. Scotty Overkill

Scotty Overkill Administrator

Sorry you feel that way, bud. There are other options out there, probably not nearly as friendly as this one!

Pallet Pete and Chvymn99 like this.
  11. firecracker_77

firecracker_77

I think this site is easy going. As with any group of people, there will always be some ideas that are pushed and accepted, but most people are mellow and give others a chance on here.

12. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

Some folks don't fit in every crowd. That's why there are options. ;)

We've gotten a little off-topic here eh?

Pallet Pete and firecracker_77 like this.
  13. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Locked.. Should have been locked awhile ago...

Chvymn99, clemsonfor and Pallet Pete like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.