In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pitman Rod Wood Splitter (Unusual)

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by LodgedTree, Sep 13, 2016.

  1. LodgedTree

    LodgedTree

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2016
    Messages:
    2,371
    Likes Received:
    9,428
    Location:
    Maine
    Being retired I have little to do but peruse Youtube looking for odd things and on this video, I saw a unique pitman rod woodsplitter. It would not work well for what I envision, but a lot of needs here and people who may like the simple, easy to build design. The interesting part starts at 6 minute, 13 seconds.

    Kind of a dangerous wood splitter, but him wearing clogs is almost just as dangerous. Who wears clogs while splitting wood?

    Amazing Homemade Inventions #2
     
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    The guy on the bike saw is in serious trouble this winter.:headbang:
     
    Backwoods Savage and NortheastAl like this.
  3. Barcroftb

    Barcroftb

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2015
    Messages:
    3,160
    Likes Received:
    18,626
    Location:
    The Mitten
    Yeah he's going nowhere fast!:rofl: :lol:
     
  4. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    That's a Gilligan's Island invention if I ever saw one.:rofl: :lol:
     
  5. Mag Craft

    Mag Craft

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2014
    Messages:
    4,802
    Likes Received:
    27,737
    Location:
    South East Wyoming
    Looks like a big crankshaft. You definitely do not want any distractions while using that sucker.
     
    Backwoods Savage and NortheastAl like this.
  6. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    Notice how light that wood was. Try that rig on a piece of elm!:headbang:
     
    Backwoods Savage and Mag Craft like this.
  7. Mag Craft

    Mag Craft

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2014
    Messages:
    4,802
    Likes Received:
    27,737
    Location:
    South East Wyoming

    Yep no kidding.
     
    Backwoods Savage and NortheastAl like this.