In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pine clearing for the new garage build

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Mar 7, 2018.

1. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I never did ask what he burns his firewood in but this year he bought beech. I'll see him in June again so I'll ask.

How has your tractor been, I see it was used at your GTG.

2. yooperdave

yooperdave

I had a real bad spring regarding my back. Worst it's ever been. Much better now and am walking about 2 miles a day dripping lbs left and right....but picking most of them up again! Can't get below 224 it seems. Had a couple surgical procedures that took specimens and all are non cancer, whew!

The boss is enjoying her retirement, thanks.

We hope to head out on a couple trips this summer. First one will be to Colorado, I hope. Then, the L.P. of Michigan at least once or twice.....:picard:

huskihl, Eric VW, Chaz and 8 others like this.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Tractor is good. No complaints here. Will be putting the tiller back on hopefully this week. Will work up our place and neighbor's too.

Eric VW, Chaz, Midwinter and 5 others like this.
  4. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I'm glad that there wasn't any cancer. I think my weight went up to 222 this winter but by July 3rd my weight should be 215.

I'm glad your back is feeling better and the boss is enjoying retirement.

5. Scotty Overkill

Scotty Overkill Administrator

Good to see you again, Zap. Will be nice to see your woodcutting adventures again.

I'll be up your way sometime soon, we will be taking a big spruce down for AdirondackStihl at his neighbors place, I'll see if meeting up with you is in the cards, would love to meet ya.

6. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I would like that, I'll get you my cell number.

I have a final offer for you, if you can come here and fell about four big healthy ash on the back hill, I'll give you the Stihl 090 I have in storage. I won't be running it when milling so it needs a good home.

If you need to stay overnight you can stay here and we'll cook a nice Italian meal or go out,

7. yooperdave

yooperdave

Don't forget the cinnamon rolls!

:drool:

8. Scotty Overkill

That's very gracious of you my friend, and I will certainly see if it's in the cards!!

Send me some pics of those trees in question.....

I just gotta figure out when we will be coming to Champlain....I will let u know...

9. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I'll get you pics, I felled some smaller ones in front of the two bigger ones so I can fell these this fall but since you might be in the area, we'll get some work out of you.

10. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I'll get those pics up by this Sunday afternoon.

11. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I didn't get back there today because of the rain so I did some work in the garage, before I get a downed maple tomorrow, I'll get the pics.

It looks like were in for a nice stretch of weather up here, what does your five day forecast look like?

T.Jeff Veal and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  12. Erik B

Erik B

The forecast for the end of next week and the weekend are starting to look good. Lows in the 60's and highs in the 80's. It might be OK do get some work done in the mornings.

13. Scotty Overkill

I might be able to come up in a few weeks for a couple days, have a big spruce in Champlain to take down, then I'll probably come over yiurneay and help get those ash down.

Get me some pics when you get a chance bud....

14. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I was thinking fall because of the leaves on the ash it would cause damage to some other trees in the area, another thing I might have going on is jury duty, July 9 is when I have to call, that's when I find out if my number came up. The only thing that I think we could do with the ash is fell them to the west and put a cable on it, there are less trees in that direction but either way I'll get the pics tomorrow.

I do have a pine I didn't bring down because of my plantar fasciitis so if I'm not on jury duty we could do that, I'll get that pic tomorrow if you want.

15. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I sent you an email you K.D., I could always pick some ash out up top and then if we do any damage to some other trees the damage will be away from that trail in the gully.

16. Scotty Overkill

Did you send me a message here or via an email? I didn't get it.....

We can wait til fall if you like, just let me know.

T.Jeff Veal and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  17. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I'll check up top and see if those ash can be felled, if we get any damage up there from felling some ash it's not that big of a deal. We do have a nice size ash just west of the sandpit that could be felled to.

The ones south of the house would do some damage to some cherry,basswood and maples.