In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellets with sister brands.

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by jtakeman, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Flyer304

Flyer304

Good Evening,

When I placed a phone call to Pacific Coast Pellets several weeks ago, to inquire as to who may be carrying their "Olympus" branding of Douglas Fir here in Connecticut (My Pellet Store in Enfield - will no longer be carrying them), they advised they don't have anyone local in CT.
    I mentioned about testing the bags of Olympus I did purchase from MPS and some bags of the New Oakie DF, and that was when I was told that they were providing the DF product for the current Okanagan Douglas Fir product. They both looked and burned the same.
    Who knew.

jtakeman, ttdberg and slvrblkk like this.
  2. dotman17

dotman17

Ok, so the same guy just told me that Cascade Pellets, Sierra Supreme Pellets, Olympus Pellets, Coastal Farm Store Pellets, and some other local brands are the same.

jtakeman likes this.
  3. dotman17

dotman17

Also, "in 2011 the Shelton facility and another closed Atlas plant in Hauser, Id. were acquired by PCFF of Spokane. Though the Shelton mill has re-started, there are no current plans to re-start the Hauser facility". So all these brands are made in Shelton now. And they're all the same pellet.

jtakeman and slvrblkk like this.
  4. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

JT could be wrong but am pretty sure Orford are only sister brand with Ambiance manufactured by Valfei whom recycle's 100% hardwood by products from furniture and hardwood flooring manufacturers. I do not think they are re-bagged Eagle Valley's which are softies . I have burned a lot of both and they are not one in the same the Eagle valley and Ambiance.
    Wish they were Eagle Valley at $219.00 a ton spring sale
    Check their website
    Wholesale Wood Pellet Manufacturer | Valfei

jtakeman and ttdberg like this.
  5. daffonce

daffonce

o
    Orford also rebags softies. I havent seen em in a while, but did get a ton for $199 in the year of the crazy sale.

jtakeman and ttdberg like this.
  6. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Same here. The traditional Orford wood pellets are the hardwoods, however they do distribute softies as well, they are re-bagged Eagle Valley. Picked some up for $199 at the same time daffonce did. Still have a load of them in the stash, in fact. If you look at BT’s website you will see they are still advertising them for sale. Price isn’t quite as good though...

Price List

jtakeman likes this.
  7. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Dang missed that sale would have been nice , wonder if they are going to continue to sell them guessing not as they are not on their website but you never know.
    JT apology granted I stand corrected sir . Wish I could have grabbed some of them at that crazy price !
    Hmm *eyeballing TT stash* Northeast CT not to terribly far away :vulture:

jtakeman likes this.
  8. PoolguyinCT

PoolguyinCT

Can’t trust BT webpage for accuracy, it tends to be grossly outdated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk