In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellets $220.00/ton New Hampshire

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by Bnoyes, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Not my experience definitely above NEWPs and don't think they ground up pallets anymore but then again I could be wrong about that. I thought you were out in the west LW surprised you would be able to get them out there in Oregon to try them or NEWP's as well actually, correct me if I am wrong .

CleanFire, Lousyweather and ttdberg like this.
  2. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Luney, LW is right here in MA not far from you, and sells both products.

CleanFire, slvrblkk and bogieb like this.
  3. savemoney

savemoney

Welcom Bnoyes
    I used to have a Napoleon NPS40. Bought it in 2008. Later, gave it away and put in the Harman p68. If you have some questions, I'll try to help (If my memory doesn't fail me!)

CleanFire and bogieb like this.
  4. Bnoyes

Bnoyes

Thank you, and although I know it probably changes per pellet (I’ve been trialing pellets, so far I’ve only been using “super premium”) do you remember a sweet spot for the feed rate, convection fan, and air damper on the napoleon? Havent really mastered the controls on this thing yet. Currently I have the feed rate at 3.5, convection fan at 5, and air damper at 2.5.

CleanFire and slvrblkk like this.
  5. Bnoyes

Bnoyes

I’ve been searching craigslist hoping someone nearby is dumping off their pellets for cheap. Although it’s too far for me I found two new postings that might interest someone nearby.
    Worcester, Ma area: 1 ton of Vermont pellets for $225 Wood Pellets
    Conway, NH area: ‘1 ton of stove chow $200 OBO’, it’s a FaceBook marketplace posting, if someone is interested I can message the individual and get the phone number for you.

6. savemoney

savemoney

That sounds about right. Big thing with that stove is keeping it and the chimney clean. Really clean. And the draft. Keep the fans clean. Make sure there are no air leaks around the door or the ash drawer. There are so many spots in that stove to clean out.

7. Bnoyes

Bnoyes

Yeah you aren’t kidding... Seems like every time I clean it I find a new ash hide out spot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Funny. I contacted the seller of those Vermonts earlier this evening.

CleanFire, slvrblkk, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  9. Bnoyes

Bnoyes

Hope you get them, I can’t find them anywhere near me cheaper then $300.

slvrblkk and ttdberg like this.
  10. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

well, its all based on our own experiences, I guess. Lets just say I've sold thousands of tons of each, have physically been on location in both mills, and had input from hundreds of customers, as well as my own, so, I draw my conclusions from there. So, yea, I guess I am correcting you......

11. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

yea, $225 for Vermont is a pretty killer price.

12. bogieb

bogieb

Not likely this time of year unless they are moving (good finds for those around Worcester and Conway though). Many of us keep looking on CL and sometimes it is a race as to who makes contact first.

13. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

Agreed.......maybe by the end of February you'll see folks dumping pellets, but its been a cooler winter so far, people seem to be burning more pellets.....I would guess there will be less in the secondary pipeline in the spring. Not to say there wont be deals though.....all depends on location!

14. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Well Ill be darned was looking at his weather gadget.

Thanks TT

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  15. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Have to ask LW why do you have a weather gadget for Oregon in your sig ? Funny thing all this time I had thought that you were out there in Oregon but heh thanks for the correction, where about's are you ? In agreement it is totally up to your personal experience and lets not forget that depending on many variables the same product can be different at any time depending upon many many factors. With your vast experience of selling thousands of tons of each it would be apparent that your opinion, experience, and conclusion's would dwarf my experience or opinion seeing that I have only burned a couple of tons of Blackstone's and less than a ton as mentioned earlier of NEWP' as I gave the rest away to someone less fortunate in a monetary sense of value only.
    Surely you can see my questioning you when I thought perhaps because i have not been apart of this forum as long as other here and your weather gadget for Oregon thinking you lived out west. I can't Imagine anyone shipping northeastern hardwood pellets out west where they have access to Doug Fir at the same price as we pay here in the Northeast for hardwood pellets. Calling upon your vast experience and knowledge again, this would not be even close to being profitable correct ?

Being the optimist I am perhaps I should give NEWP's a chance again as it could be very well that I could have acquired a bad batch.
    Thanks

CleanFire and bogieb like this.
  16. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

I have the Oregon widget up simply because it amuses me. We can all look out the window and see what the weather is anyhow.
    I am " in the business" and while there are a few here who do know who I am, I prefer my anonymity here. It allows me to give frank advice without having to worry about upsetting someone and thereby affecting the business. Also, retaining my anonymity also allows me not to promote the business, so when I do suggest certain things, I can sidestep the argument that I am only saying what I am saying to sell stuff and promote business. How could I be promoting my business when you don't know who I am, or what the business is?
    My opinion is just that, like yours, an opinion.....but my opinion is based upon many more user experiences. There are no certainties here, it's all based on opinion.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  17. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

:D

I know where you live buddy! :binoculars:

:p

18. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

yup! Wankers' Corner, Oregon! Thats what the widget says! Since you read it on the internet thingy, it MUST be right!

gbreda, CleanFire, subsailor and 3 others like this.