In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. will711

will711

13* this morning having my coffee both stoves are cruising along although the Harman is making a funky sound when it feeds pellets :eek: I'm wondering if the auger motor is starting to go :(. When it cycles through you hear the pellets drop then a whoosing sound like pushing air:confused::confused: not a grinding metal on metal sound , stove is running fine Hamer's in the hopper, flame is good ,cleaned on Monday any thoughts or ideas???

2. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Hmmm. Not good when they make unusual sounds.

Hopefully someone comes along with an answer

Gotta work today :mad:

Filled the Fahrenheit before I left and loaded the wood eater. Nice to know it will still be 73° when I get home.

I don't know how the wood only guys can get by with cold houses and/or temp swings. I love my pellet burning appliances! :thumbs:

3. will711

will711

I couldn't that's why we got the pellet burner helps to even everything out :)

DexterDay likes this.
  4. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Will.....I have a couple 2 RPM motors on hand (I think yours are 4 RPM). If something were to crap out on yours (and you don't have one on hand) you are welcome to these to maybe get you out of a pinch. Not sure if it would work or not being half the RPM but maybe you could max the feed rate out.

DexterDay and will711 like this.
  5. will711

will711

Thanks Steve appreciate the offer my friend, prolly stop at Cozy tomorrow get the experts opinion on this it's works just making some F'ed up noise ,I'll shut her down later today and have a look behind .

6. gbreda

gbreda

I seem to remember a thread elsewhere a year or 2 ago about whoosing. Cant remember the outcome. Might want to take a peek over the fence. Keep us informed on what is happening.

Maybe Eric or Lousyweather might have some insight.

will711 likes this.
  7. will711

will711

Googled it didn't see anything come up really don't want to peak over there unless I have too :rolleyes:

brokenwing, smoke show and gbreda like this.
  8. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Thought that was a "rumbling" sound. Kinda like a Sub woofer? IIRC? Only Harman owners were effected and it was the blower rate and feed rate (large fire and high draft?)

Then again, my CRS has been acting up lately

will711 likes this.
  9. smoke show

smoke show

Good luck Willis, on todays agenda is to ride roller coasters at the mall of america and eat lunch at hooters.

eatonpcat, schoondog, imacman and 5 others like this.
  10. defiant

defiant

I thought you were going to ride the Hooters girls then eat lunch;):p:thumbs:

brokenwing, eatonpcat, gbreda and 6 others like this.
  11. will711

will711

I remember that one

12. will711

will711

That sounds like a plan :D

13. smoke show

smoke show

a man can dream. right?

14. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

You'll be dreaming when the wifey whacks yer azz! Dork says you'll have better luck finding pellets! :p

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  15. savemoney

savemoney

Haven't gone out today, looks too slippery. Many accidents reported. Then going below zero every night this week!
    image.jpg

16. will711

will711

I wouldn't go out in that either unless I had to better to be safe and warm inside :)

savemoney likes this.
  17. savemoney

savemoney

Lucky for me there isn't ice under that fresh snow. I keep buckets of San/salt mix handy, also a stick to help me keep my balance. I have had my share of falls already this winter. My parents used to winter in Florida, and my brother moved there to avoid this weather. I visited. A couple days and I was ready to be back home. I'll take my house in the woods any day over a rat race. My kids bought homes with neighbors, but I rather be by myself.

subsailor, gbreda, schoondog and 2 others like this.
  18. schoondog

schoondog

Well lets see. Pretty boring day, domestic crap. Spent morning sleeping and letting wifey tell me what to do, she spoke fast and often cause she had to go to work. I mostly ignored her and slipped out of the house to empty truck of 6 bags of Lignetics I scored last night and bring several bags of Sets into house from shelter logic garage out back. Ran out to local hardware store to look at shop vac ash vac and some copper for plumbing job I gotta do. Didn't buy vac and didn't find all the plumbing supplies so ran to HD. They were short a valve, but did have a supply of Heat Resource pellets so I picked up a few bags for testing fun.Saw a bud at HD and talked hunting for awhile so that was good. Came home and cleaned the 6039 and enjoyed a lunch with the youngest son. Watched TV switching between football and Barrett Jackson auction with the dogs on my lap. Just put in chicken dinner and watch second game. 28 deg. out and 71 in living room, burning Lignetics and the Heat resource pellets should be coming on shortly. 6039 is cruising on HR3, Clean and quiet.

Schoondog

imacman and gbreda like this.
  19. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Lots of sad Pats fans here in New England. I was hoping the Bronco's wiped the floor with Brady.

brokenwing, imacman, will711 and 2 others like this.
  20. defiant

defiant

Refs are ruining SanFran Seahawk game:mad:

eatonpcat and jtakeman like this.