In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. imacman

imacman

The NE is about to get all the rain we had the past 2 days......waterlogged! But the grass is loving it.

2. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

I got out to go shopping today first time I have been out in two months, Ice all gone and can go up and down again without slip sliding away.

IHATEPROPANE, Dpopps, gbreda and 6 others like this.
  3. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

We have had SNOW the lat 3 days.....4" by morning and melts by noon or so....Repeat...

We were down to the last barrel of stove ready shells in the basement....We had to run munchy.
    Snowing like crazy and just nasty....

Did 3 barrels and are good for several days......

Weather is going to be crappy until late week.....But warming up some......

Folks in Cali getting feet of the white stuff.....

4. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Meeting with the town tonight at 6pm on the shacks over appraisal. Hope one of ya all's got bail money JIC. :loco: :crazy:

:hair: :headbang: :picard: :doh:

5. imacman

imacman

:makeitrain"

6. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Bring proof or stay home :hair::bug::bug::headbang::headbang::doh::dex::dex::dex:

7. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I have 2 appraisals that are many many thousands less.

They done think its a mansion but it be only da shack!! :loco: :crazy:

8. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

I have been through this and proof is all that matters if the footprint in the city data base says x and the tape measure says y it is y the stove being a $35,000 one no count it shouldn't even be on the database proof yells Danl Boone elbow room comes later.

9. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Well jt don't leave us on the ceiling how did'um it go?

IHATEPROPANE, imacman, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  10. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Had to cool off! No bail money needed But I did get em riled up a bit. They said we need to look at similar houses in the area and compare taxes being being charged. Said it didn't matter we had the house appraised.

I stood up and said(with a finger pointed at the jackwagon). Says right in the tax aggreement "fair market value" not fair taxes being charged. The BAA says they work for us? BS its all smoke an mirrors. Contacting a lawyer and see whats gonna be next. I sue if I need to. I'm old, disabled so that might work? Surely can't afford to get over taxed by them. But first I'll send out some more letter to those the BAA must answer too. Fair market value is what it is not some BS they decide to drum up!! Blah!!

:pete:

IHATEPROPANE, Dpopps, imacman and 2 others like this.
  11. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

You'um need some Powers become a Red headed Ira member, see the stout boys.

IHATEPROPANE, imacman and jtakeman like this.
  12. bogieb

bogieb

If your town has tax exemptions for elderly and/or disabled, make sure to apply for them. You may have to do that yearly. May not be much off, but it is something.

I know around here, bank appraisal value is not the standard, and hasn't been for the 35+ years I've been in the area. Bank appraisers go low so the banks are protected in case of default (if they get stuck with the property for a while, or it gets trashed they can at least recoup some of their money). An exception might be for bank assessors taking into account future value for building loans, but even then, they will probably go low.

Tax assessors are bound by real estate value that uses factual data, and condition of the house/structures. It is the "real" value of the home, not what a bank take a chance on. There are set formulas for price per sq/ft per structure type (house versus garage versus shed), area (commercial, rural etc), amenities (paved driveway versus dirt, patio versus deck, solar, extra bathrooms etc.) according to the values for comparable real estate in the town (from recent sales data). I don't think there is anything legally you can do in that case, but hey, I guess it never hurts to try.

Just remember:

upload_2024-3-8_2-56-11.png

IHATEPROPANE, gbreda, imacman and 2 others like this.
  13. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Not the story we got from the BAA, They rejected our realtors appraisal and stated we need to pull at least 3 similar homes from the tickets/cards at town haul and use them. Which is exactly what the realtor did for his prep to do our appraisal. :faint:

:jaw::bug::hair:

I thinx we were baffled by BS and some smoke and mirrors. Funny thing is we were swore to ath, Yet they could lie all they wanted. Letter going out today and its going up the ladder. If this is how the town is going to treat their citizens, we don't want to be Canton residents/citizens.

:mad:

14. scajjr2

scajjr2

Kingston did a reassessment of property values last year. Town sent flyers, put up on town web page about how not to worry, your tax bill would more than likely be lower. But it wasn't. Didn't affect the 1st 6 month bill we got in June. But the 2nd one in Nov was $1000 more. Lots of unhappy homeowners. We always set aside more than we paid the previous year so it didn't affect us (other than the shock) but I can only imagine how it may have affected families on a tight budget already, seniors, especially just before Xmas. Have seen a slight bump in for sale signs.

Got about 25 bags stacked up by the P43. Only used about 3 tons so far. If it stays warmer (and forecasts seem to indicate it will) those 25 should take us into April.

Lori doing very good. Had a couple more days at Lahey last week, meetings and a couple tests. I think in total we were down there for about 10 days all of Feb. Nice having her be more like her old self.
    Glad not to have to be doing any drives down 495/93/95 again till May. And this is from someone who drove for a living most of my working life. People are just f'n crazy today. And I was born in Mass so my driving temperament is bred in:eek:

sam

IHATEPROPANE, BHags, bogieb and 4 others like this.
  15. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I'm doing the same. Seeing that yours went up $1000, I may not be setting aside enough. I'll bump it. But seriously getting tough just to make end meet.

IHATEPROPANE, bogieb, Dpopps and 2 others like this.
  16. scajjr2

scajjr2

Yeah be interesting to see what this June's bill will be. Our town assessed value ( 2 acres land & building) went from $265k to $450k.

sam

17. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

NO comment the Powers will get you there faster than the beer.

IHATEPROPANE and bogieb like this.
  18. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

19. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Sam, As a Mainer we always thought MA drivers were f'ng crazy.

IHATEPROPANE, bogieb and jtakeman like this.
  20. savemoney

savemoney

you know most of them are, no doubt about it. Same for the drivers in LA, California.