In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. bogieb

bogieb

Have a Great Birthday ivanhoe !

2. bogieb

bogieb

I got nothing at all yesterday besides a heavy overcast. 2 storms scheduled between now and Saturday so the dirty snow on the ground now will be refreshed with brand new white stuff.

3. bogieb

bogieb

Looks like Home Depot is having their spring pellet sale. A whole $20 off per ton.

upload_2024-2-14_3-12-22.png

4. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

X2
    :cheers:

5. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

X3 Yous older now.

6. imacman

imacman

X4!

7. gbreda

gbreda

X5 :cheers:

8. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

x6

9. Dpopps

Dpopps

10. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

bogieb , have you logged into Credit Karma lately? I get an error message the last week or 2. No clue, husband closed on an SBA loan that I signed papers on- maybe updating that?

11. bogieb

bogieb

I just logged in - maybe there was a blip or they had a short maintenance scheduled.

12. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Been dodging rain, snow, ice and all manners of miserable weather lately....

We got a nice day Tuesday... and headed out to get a load of shells....
    4th load this season....
    Parked it in the barn and unloaded it Weds.....Weather turned ugly just as we finished unloading so we left the rig in the barn until yesterday morning and got a dry window and got the can back off the trailer and on the slab in the barn.

Today we ran Munchy and did 3 barrels of shells.....Everything in the basement is full now....

Next dry slot we do it again....
    The folks at the plant said they will likely run until May.....

We want to go into summer with everything full up .....

Likely we will have a few empty barrels...but do not want to have 20 empties like we did this fall...

Finally we used up the last barrel of old stock that came from the old plant....Some of which we could not tell if it needed screening for sticks.....Finally....that chapter is over....

Everything now is all 1/2 shell material and once through Munchy it is stove ready.....
    A stick will stop Munchy and a quick clearing of the impact jaw will clear the jam and we don't get anything through into the stove ready stuff....

So.....Load 4 is in the books......

Load five will happen hopefully soon and load six may be in the offing in early spring (March maybe)

And a good time was had by all.....

savemoney, Dpopps, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  13. bogieb

bogieb

HD is having their spring pellet sale. Only $20/ton off and a limit of 4 tons. If I got 4 tons, then that would pay for the delivery charges. I made a small purchase a couple of weeks ago from HD and should get a 10% off coupon at some point. If I get the coupon soon, I'll go ahead and get 4 tons and have them placed in the yard (I need the garage empty for some work being done later). Two things I have to watch:
    • How long the sale lasts
    • When they put up the load limit signs (which is a cr*p shoot - some years it is end of Feb, some years not until nearly April)
    Now if it was like the sale of spring 2022 (something like $50-60 off per ton), I wouldn't wait around for the coupon. But I'm guessing HD took their cue from last year's mild winter and didn't over-order as much this year (hence the 4 ton limitation).

14. BHags

BHags

Question: The convection fan on my Hastings is starting to make noise. I gave it a couple drops of oil, but that solution was temporary. I already have its replacement. My question is does the fan slow down when it's on its way out, or will it just die?

15. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

IF the blower has oil ports, A couple of drops is the regular maintenance, Give it 5 to 8(while spinning) if you haven't done it yearly. 2 drops doesn't go far. No ports the bearings likely has a light grease and really need to lift the seal or inject a bit of oil in them. Again while spinning.

I'm sure the blower slows down. Mainly because of the drag on the bearings. but what mostly happens is they won't restart after a shut down. Some lock right up and need spin assist to get them going. Only time they up and die is electrical faults(internal short).

16. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I thinking TSC as they have been $329/ton all along. I have a 10% and they have interest free rates on the charge card. Just no delivery. :(

I got a $10 of $50 coupon to burn, So I'll get a half dozen or so as a trial. Going to fetch them once this wind stops.

IHATEPROPANE, Dpopps, imacman and 3 others like this.
  17. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Thank you for the birthday wishes, took the princess out for some Lobster Mac & Cheese :drool:
    I hope everyone cuddled up to their mates/stuffed ***** on Valentine's day :D

18. bogieb

bogieb

Yeah, they are $329.50/ton here too (20 cents more per bag if you buy less). Wish they had delivery. I used to get coupons for a free trailer rental, but my TSC didn't have any working trailers. As I get older, and rack up the joint and tendon strains, the less interest I have in packing a ton into the Explorer then unloading it when I get home.

19. bogieb

bogieb

Well, got my 10% off coupon in today's mail so hurried on over to HD website and ordered 4 tons. They will drop them off Monday. Including trucking, each ton cost me $315.75 so I'm happy about that.

20. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Got mine today too! :D