In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Pick up some of these while out getting the french toast supplies. Ya never know how long the clean up will take. So I wanted to be prepared!!

416868131_787544830078561_2299904715365585643_n.jpg

2. PelletHound

PelletHound

Is that liquor?:faint::loco: :crazy::picard:

3. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

If it is PelletHound he needs to keep an eye on his BP.

4. imacman

imacman

:rofl: :lol:

5. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

More fun than the sn*blower but does take longer cause me be a rookie at it. Nice to just sit on the keester too! :D

415500641_2238748812988151_5865489743201981235_n.jpg

6. Earl764

Earl764

there was a whiskey I picked up in Maine that came in a container like this.

7. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Now the only horn oil I know is Blue Juice it is one of the gotos for instrument valves on Brass Horns like the blurp o phone (French Horn), me likely paid for a bit of it years ago.:D:doh:

Youngest played Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Violin and Bagpipes.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
  8. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Where is leg Pumper attachment?

IHATEPROPANE, savemoney and wildwest like this.
  9. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

We are getting ready for some winter weather....Temps in the Teens F for a few days..
    Some White stuff too....
    RAN MUNCHY this morning and got the basement barrels full.

Rolled the Gen set outside and fired it up for a 5 minute warm up....Started on second pull of the string...

Went grocery shopping ....
    About as ready as we gets.......4 days of cold and snow then back to normal Pacific NW weather....

El Nino is supposed to be warmer and drier here when we get the El nino....???????????

Been quite wet and cold

As soon as we can we need to get more shells.

About 40 barrels in the stash....This weather we are running through a barrel in 3 days....Both stoves running.....Shack is about 73/4 at the moment....Cozy

10. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Wanna bet Norway has been getting it by the meter.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
  11. Dpopps

Dpopps

She's all back together and ready.

Changed the oil, both air filters, both fuel filters. Blower and back blade are on and everything is greased.

Time to sit back and see how close the weather guessers get.

20240112_130349.jpg

12. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

We are at 15 F this morning.
    Snow on the way ...so they say.....
    Its gonna be a one day wonder....Snow today and then just cold until Tuesday.....

Weather predictions have been all over the place....Looks like most of the precip is going to go south of us... South valley gonna get ice..../ice and more ICE......

Both nut burners were on medium last night....AS the temps fell into the teens the house was 69F when I rolled out at 3 am
    I decided to fire off the Big Quadrafire 1000 to get things back up to a cozy 74F .

The pellets have been sitting in the hopper for a year now.....
    Stove lit off fine then the pellets stopped feeding.....Arrrrrgh....Fire nearly out....I gave the lid a good hearty THUMP....and a slug of pellets fell into the fire pot and things got going.

Pellets are longer than I like....Must have bridged up in the auger/drop tube....

Never had this before.....But such is life....

I will be a happy camper when this cold is gone.....Been many many years since we have seen what they are predicting.......

Coldest I have ever seen here is about ZERO F ....

El Nino winter....Warm and dry ????? UH HUH...Yeah right....

13. scajjr2

scajjr2

Been a very taxing past couple of weeks.

On Dec 27 Lori went in down at Lahey Hospital in Burlington for the TIPS procedure on her liver (shunt placed to divert blood flow in liver to reduce pressure in esophagus to stop bleeding). Took a couple hours longer than planned cause as the surgeon was inflating the shunt a tear developed in the vein and she lost a lot of blood before they got it repaired. Doc said they were scared they'd lose her. She was in until Fri the 29th when they discharged her around 6pm.

On New Years Eve around 10 pm she yells out to me, says she feels sick and proceeds to vomit blood again. Call ambulance, she goes to Exeter Hospital where they get her stable and in the morning they transfer her back to Lahey. They say the shunt had clotted closed causing BP thru the liver & esophagus to rise causing the bleeds.We had been told after the TIPS that this could happen but is not common. A revison TIPS was done to clear out the clot and expand the shunt diameter. Banded off a few bleeders.

Then the next day the docs came in and told us they really believe she should have a liver transplant as her liver is not in great shape and they are worried the shunt could close again. They still don't know what caused her liver issues, they have her listed as having cirrhosis from unknown cause.
    Lahey is the best place for her treatment. If you need a liver transplant in New England, Lahey is where you go.

She was in the hospital until Tues the 9th. She's been OK since she got home, a bit wiped out from it all. We are going back Feb 7 & 8 for the 2 day transplant evaluation. And she has a followup check on the TIPS in a week.

sam

14. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

The like wasn't really a like, but was due to you keeping us in the loop.

15. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Very cool! Yep, WWW's garage door is drifted in, he drove my truck (I park outside) most the week, but had to shovel it out on Thurs to get a tank of water for the house.

16. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Oh my, prayers for Lori.

17. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

So sorry! Glad she's home. Hope they can figure out something to mend her ailments!!

My like was also not a like. Wish we had sad smileys that we could add instead of likes!!

18. GHinNH

GHinNH

Having trouble getting my old 64' Gravely model L started to plow with.

Been chewing through spark plugs getting fouled. Couple days ago I pulled the head ...and... oil blowing by the intake valve. No time to fix that right now with snow mixed with rain we're having, but I have been sourcing the parts needed. Compression is still good, so doing re-bore while I'm at it is still in question.

Today, fired up the pellet stove in the garage and pulled out the Husquvarna snowblower from hibernation JIC.

Hard to accept it's been about 15 years since I bought it. It was over $1200 way back then and had to special order because it was a "commercial" model for landscapers and such. But it's held up well, never really needed anything other than routine maintenance, think I still have all but one shear pin that came in the little attached toolbox.

Used my cable lube tool to inject some atf in the cables, changed the oil (synthetic of course), pulled the wheels and cleaned/lubed the steering mechanisms, dropped the lower pan and lubed the gears and slider shaft for the friction wheel, popped the cover and reset the valve lash, then sprayed the auger area and chute with PB Dry Lube.

Apparently the auger gearbox has a leak because it was pretty low, so refilled that with SOTAR (School of the American rifle) lube which is nothing more than a mix of synthetic grease and synthetic oil to about the consistency of room temp honey. I have a restaurant ketchup bottle full of it on my bench and find it pretty handy for a lot of things beside rifles.

Just brought in pellets for both stoves and watching snow squalls blow through now, good day for a nap maybe...

19. bogieb

bogieb

That is rough and I wish her the best of outcomes and an easier road ahead.

20. imacman

imacman

Ditto. Prayers being sent .

IHATEPROPANE, Dpopps, gbreda and 2 others like this.