In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Ah ground up oinkers that be'um solution to burning causing air pollution.

IHATEPROPANE and imacman like this.
  2. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

They make synthetic Chicken nuggets too....../YUCK/ Plant protein marinaded in soy sauce and coated with bread crumbs that were made using genetically modified grain.... that was soaked in roundup....

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh

IHATEPROPANE and SmokeyTheBear like this.
  3. BHags

BHags

One of my favorite movies!

IHATEPROPANE, jtakeman and imacman like this.
  4. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

What ever is your problem lady, the soy sauce or the roundup?

IHATEPROPANE likes this.
  5. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Weather peeps forecast a bit of rain, But gosh dang it feels like sn** err white chit(not saying that 4 letter word)!!

I best get the contraption out the shed and get it ready! Also need to get something for the bucket on me tractor so I no wreck the asphalt driveway. Waited to many freakin years for dat and glad I no longer have to deal with gravel!! I'd luv to get a sno pusher but not in the budget this season!

6. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

7. Dpopps

Dpopps

Do you have float mode for your bucket?

IHATEPROPANE, bogieb and jtakeman like this.
  8. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Yes sir, I'd still like a bit of a buffer to keep from digging into the edges and the lawn.

406427703_7068739073172551_883298443787986291_n.jpg

9. bogieb

bogieb

Sunday night into Monday - I'm supposed to be either in the 4-6" or the 6-12" at this point. I'm actually showing in the pink area at the moment, but that could change depending on the storm track and temps so we'll see.

upload_2023-12-2_3-18-15.png

10. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

According to that me stay in,

6-12' :Yar:

:santa::p:p:Dtime to call JT he loves SNOW :p:p

IHATEPROPANE, imacman, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  11. Earl764

Earl764

Wish that was us. I need to move north.

I pay the house off this year.

12. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

:hair: Oh heck noooo!

IHATEPROPANE, imacman, bogieb and 3 others like this.
  13. Dpopps

Dpopps

That looks like a quick economical way to add skid shoes.

My blower isn't even on yet and we don't have any snow either.

IHATEPROPANE, imacman, bogieb and 3 others like this.
  14. scajjr2

scajjr2

Gave the snowblower it's pre-season going over( oil change, check belts, cables, etc) so it's ready for whenever we get snow down this way.

Then went to give the generator (Predator 9000) it's 6-8 week startup and no start. Good fuel, has spark. Decided to pop the valve cover off to check and found exhaust valve had stuck open after last startup in Sept. Poured some oil (warmed on top of the P43) over the valve, let it sit for a couple min, a couple good whacks with the hammer and valve slowly frees up. A few pull thrus (w/o spark plug) to make sure it's free, check the clearances (spot on), put cover back on, full choke, starts right up first pull. Runs smooth, makes power. Changed the oil as a precaution. Which now means we won't lose power cause I'm ready. Hopefully can say the same about snowblower being set too.

sam

IHATEPROPANE, Dpopps, imacman and 3 others like this.
  15. bogieb

bogieb

I had a feeling I was forgetting something yesterday. I started up the sn*w blower 3-4 weeks ago, but I meant to do that again yesterday. I just put that on my list for today. The main determination of how much of the white stuff I get will be when the temperature actually drops. It looks like they have reduced the amount my area will get as I'm now right on the cusp between the 2-4" and 4-6" there in that skinny tale of purple in the lower middle. BUT, that purple region is the Manadnock/Sunapee corridor that is notorious for having wildly varying amounts because of the terrain. I'm nestled between 3 ski areas, but at lower altitude, so it's always pretty much a crap shoot.

And of course the warmer temps the last 2 days was enough to thaw out the top layer of ground so now that is mud so any snow blowing off the driveway will be ugly.

upload_2023-12-3_2-37-30.png

16. gbreda

gbreda

This changed so many times in the last 3 days.

I went from nothing, to 4-6 inches, to 2-4 inches etc etc.

Currently still raining with changes to sn*w here and there and then back to rain. It should change over shortly, but hopefully not getting much more than an inch or so. The paved areas likely wont accumulate much at all...I hope .

Weatherunderground generally has the most accurate and stable forecasts and even that has been wonky on this one but that site never forecasted more than 2.5 inches here.

WMUR has been all over the place.

17. gbreda

gbreda

Started it and changed the oil last Sunday. All set but hopefully can sleep a while longer in the garage.

Sleeping until at least 2026 sounds good to me :p

18. scajjr2

scajjr2

We went up to my older daughter's house up in Union (Wakefield) today. Lots of fog from Rochester north, started to snow a bit around 1. We left around 2 but once we got south of Rochester it was just rain.

Lori has a couple of appointments down at Lahey Hospital tomorrow. First one is a consult to see if they do a full TIPS procedure or a different one where they just put stints in the main blood flow in her liver or decide she's not a candidate for either. She's been feeling pretty good lately, her hemoglobin is at 10, just a little below normal (which is 11 for women). In July when she had her last esophageal varice episode it was at 4 when they got her to the hospital.

If they decide they are going to do either procedure then we have a pre-op consult in the afternoon and then they have said if they do one it'll be on the 13th.
    Hopefully they will be able to do something and we won't have to go through esophageal varice episodes anymore.

sam

IHATEPROPANE, imacman, gbreda and 4 others like this.
  19. bogieb

bogieb

By the morning forecast, WMUR had me firmly in the blue (2-4"). Started with a mix about 10:00 but had a good amount of plain rain still so it was mainly a visual thing. Then at 1:00 pm it started snowing with great big flakes and the picture was taken at 1:33 - at the time it was 37* outside and I was surprised it was starting to stick already.

Snow starts sticking.jpg

An hour or two later it stopped snowing but we had a healthy ground cover so it was mostly white. Even the road was getting a cover. Later in the evening it started snowing again. Road crew came thru early evening to salt and/or sand. Looks like there is a covering of white on it now. The outside temp never got below 35 (which it is at right now). Probably got 2-3" of snow (that stuck) by the looks of it.

It has got to be massively hard to forecast snow amounts when the temps are above freezing so you are unsure what will stay cold enough on its way to stick and stay. Add changes in elevation, and no matter what you forecast, it's going to be wrong for a bunch of people. I wouldn't be surprised if 2 miles up the hill, where I used to live, got more snow. When I lived up there it was common to be snowing at the house then 1/4-1/2 of the way down the hill it would be raining. BUT, at the same time with all the heavy cloud cover we've had the last couple of days, it could be even warmer up there, and they may have gotten less snow.

IHATEPROPANE, Dpopps, imacman and 2 others like this.
  20. bogieb

bogieb

Forgot the "now" picture (3:01 am) - had to lighten it a bit for better visibility. The reason I had to guess at the amount is the snow is wet enough (plus warm enough) that it slid off the top of the fence (and I'm not wading out in the yard in my sandals to measure for y'all :p

snow on evergreen shrub.jpg

Rich250, IHATEPROPANE, Dpopps and 4 others like this.